[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isnt anyone digging to the earths core? how do we even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: DMSSO-1-3.jpg (758KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
DMSSO-1-3.jpg
758KB, 1200x897px
Why isnt anyone digging to the earths core? how do we even know earth has a core
>>
File: 200_s.gif (29KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
29KB, 220x200px
>>8956878
why do you people keep asking this asinine shit you could just google in three fucking seconds?

Soviets drilled the deepest hole in history. it was 12km deep. The rock that deep acted like plastic and it was so hot they couldn't even cool their equipment properly. They still wanted to drill at least two more kilometers but they physically couldn't.
>>
>>8956878
A hole to the mantle is literally a volcano.
>>
File: 1487633268920.png (618KB, 710x766px) Image search: [Google]
1487633268920.png
618KB, 710x766px
>>8956888
>why do you people keep asking this asinine shit you could just google in three fucking seconds?

To annoy easily riled people like you.
>>
File: Earth_poster.svg.png (224KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
Earth_poster.svg.png
224KB, 800x495px
>>8956878
The core is mostly made of iron–nickel alloy

The inner core is solid, the outer core is liquid.

The inner core is solid because extremely high pressures (despite the high temperatures).
>>
>>8956878
wtf I thought the Earth was flat
>>
>>8956903
>heh wow look at how hard i trolled you xDD!!!

are you 16?
>>
Because google, and everything "they" say is the professor of all truth....right? Digging your own hole is the only way to find out XD
>>
>>8956984
Ever heard of a sadist anon?
>>
>>8956897
what if volcanoes are just little sacs of lava barely underneath the surface, and underneath that it's hollow
>>
>>8957015
Make hole to mantle, magma goes through path of least resistance so you just made a a volcano.
>>
>>8957032
what if there's just a layer of magma and underneath it's hollow?
>>
>>8957034
You posts make me think your goddamn head is hollow.
>>
>>8957039
brainlets like you always resort to ad hominem when they have no argument
>>
>>8956878
We know the earth has a core by measuring earthquakes. You can tell a lot about something based on how disturbances propagate through it. The same earthquake can be measured at various places all around the earth, and by comparing how the measurements are the same and different it will tell you everything about what the material would need to be made of in order for the signal to have traveled the way it did. Turns out: we got a solid iron core.
>>
>>8956878
It really hot underground boy-o
>>
>>8957043
Post equivalents of "Dude! would Hitler won the war, if he was like, 200 meters tall?" don't warrant arguments. They warrant a fucking fist to the face.

Learn why matter likes to form spheroids and what makes those spheroids hot inside, look back at your hollow bullshit, apply Ocham's razor and get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>8957130
Well would he?
>>
>>8956878
damn that looks delicious. my grandparents would make sausage (or whatever it is) just like that.
>>
>>8957130
>can't even spell Occam

actually Occam was a retard and his razor is trash, but since you are in love with him consider the following:

there's no evidence that the earth is full of stuff on the inside because nobody has ever been down there

thus the simplest explanation to "what's inside the earth" is "nothing"

I don't even believe in Occam's stupid razor but apparently your stupid ass does so maybe the argument I have outlined will shut you up?
>>
>>8957366

do you believe in gravity?
>>
>>8957012
So you are then.

We really need to make it so you can't post on /sci/ if you post on /b/, /r9k/ or /pol/.
>>
>>8957366
Actually the earth being hollow would be really unlikely given the data we have from measuring earthquakes. The disturbance from a quake propagates through the earth so you can measure the same disturbance from various places, and given the data that we have from doing that it would be really weird if the earth were hollow.

A hollow earth would also raise an eyebrow from an astrophysics perspective. Presumably, the earth formed like a snow ball formed. Or at least, there doesn't seem to be any other way that shit would happen, not that we have seen. Just doesn't seem all that likely if you ask me and everyone else.
>>
>>8957388
thats kind of a personal question but I guess I've gotten to know you over the last couple of posts. yes
>>
>>8956979
its actually not at all for sure that the inner core is solid
>>
>>8957443
Literally nothing in science is for sure, it's just really unlikely that it isn't and it would be fucking crazy if we found it that it wasn't.
>>
>>8956878
>Spherecucks still think there is a core
>>
>>8956878
wtf? why do the pepperonis have blackheads??? Is that slices of a human face with the blackheads like cross sectioned?
>>
>>8957453
spices
>>
>>8957449
its for very unsure
the only thing we can estimate is how fast seismic waves go through it
>>
>>8957493

>only

I feel like that should be pretty decent methodology though. I don't know a lot about this stuff but shouldn't seismic waves give you a really good idea about what the composition of the earth is?
>>
>>8956878
We know it has a core because pepperoni, clearly
>>
>>8957133
Nah
>>
>>8957366
>there's no evidence that the earth is full of stuff on the inside
Apart from geophysics, I suppose
>>
We have to go through the mantle first.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/07/asia/japan-drill-mantle/index.html
>>
what if earthquakes are just made by the angry man in the center of our planet
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.