[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Brainlet family members that make you REEEE >barely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

ITT: Brainlet family members that make you REEEE

>barely literate father that is always broke is obsessed with """researching""" about how to play lottery through retarded charlatan videos, books and softwares
>I always say that theres no "optimal scheme" to play, since its randomly generated unbiased numbers
>he always ignores me and says math is wrong and his "analysis" of past lotto numbers "trendings" is right
>everytime that I go to his place, theres dozens of scribbles about lotto, with circled numbers and shit, john-nash-from-a-beautiful-mind style
>his laptop is always filled with shady lotto software, along with tons of adware
>never won at lotto more than he spent

I know its immature to think like this, but this shit make me lose all respect for the old man, fuck.
>>
if anything, you're the brainlet

when he wins big, you'll be out of his will
>>
>>8955377
My dad once asked me if I knew anything about magrav technology, because he was excited about how the Russians were using it to scare the Americans. The whole thing was total nonsense, but he believed it since it was from some Russian-looking source.

It seems he will believe anything that comes from a Russian state media outlet, is a Russian think tank, or has a name ending in .ru. We are American, btw, he just hates America and thinks it is an evil imperialist country and that Russia is the unfairly persecuted good guy in world affairs.
>>
>>8955377
My dad is obsessed with numbers and the lotto as well

After working shitty blue collar jobs his whole life, I think he sees it as his only chance at some semblance of a retirement. Makes me sad to think about
>>
>>8955377
>randomly generated non-biased numbers
Yeah sure they are. I refuse to believe that they don't intentionally prevent wins every once and awhile to keep the train going. More people buy when the pot is higher.
Also you can't get too mad at him, it's a psychological pit trap designed to get you to keep playing. Even if you recognize this, it can be fun to play just for shits and giggles. Everyone has their vices.
>>
>>8955546
This.

It would be interesting to see if there's some sort of statistics on lotto numbers from different ones to see precisely how random the numbers are.
>>
>>8955397
Replace Russia with Stalinists and he's not wrong
>>
>>8955419
>mfw my dad is the same
>except he tried it with soccer bets and succeeded
Fucking pigskin brainlets.
>>
What is so random about it?

In the end lotto is just a machine like every other, a deterministic one. Who knows, maybe the machine breaks down every six months, and they just use Matlab to fake data while some lazy drunk technician purposely fakes repairing it so he gets to keep a job.

Your dad will notice the pattern and score $$$, and more kudos to him.

Overarching principle of life, if you work hard, you will eventually succeed. Even if he fails, he can sell his lotto analysis knowledge to future soon to be millionaires.
>>
>>8956278
>Overarching principle of life, if you work hard, you will eventually succeed.
That is a terrible midset.
>>
Shit man, I laughed at first but this is just sad.

My dad likes to play stock market but he's been making money instead of losing.
>>
Or instead of loosing respect for the old man who didn't have the opportunities you have, why don't you show him? No math needed, just some simple experiments with a fair dice should suffice.
>>
My mother is the kind of person to believe anything posted on an image macro on Facebook as long as it has made-up charts or statistics.
>>
>>8955397
my father is like this. every time we speak he mentions something great putin did or how we would be less persecuted in russia, the absolute mad man
>>
>>8955377
>theres no "optimal scheme" to play, since its randomly generated unbiased numbers
objectively false, at least get your own shit straight before you start leveling criticisms at others.

ideally, all numbers have an equal chance to win, but not all numbers are equal because some are picked by players more often than others. for example, numbers which can be interpreted as days of the year.
if you pick from that subset of numbers, you have a higher chance of getting your win cut in half or worse.

thus with bad strategy we see that you CAN decrease your expected value in lottery play

>its randomly generated unbiased numbers
the lottery has in fact been rigged before.
http://archive.is/u4Ah1
>The number generator had apparently been hacked to produce predictable numbers on three days of the year, after the machine had gone through a security audit.
>>
>>8956281
>Try everything for a little bit, "smartly" give up if it doesn't work out immediately
>End up posting on /sci/ how your mindset is the best one
>>
>>8956327
>So do you think it would be better if Putin was the president of the US?
>Oh, absolutely.
>What about the state Orthodox Christianity, or corruption, or killing journalists, etc.
>What about American imperialism against Russia and inducing states in Russia's sphere of influence to join NATO? Very unfair to Russia!
>You need to stop reading American propaganda and learn what's really going on in the world!
>So you can trust anything ending in .ru to report the truth on America?
>Yes, they're enemies of America so they have an incentive to tell the truth about the evils of American foreign policy.
>But you can't trust an enemy of Russia to report on Russia?
>Oh, you're just brainwashed by the Western media.

really makes you think lel
my family has no Russian descent at all, either, it's just rooted in extreme hatred of America as being impure and evil.
>>
>>8956363
As a citizen of neither Russia or the US, I believe there is propaganda in both medias. I'd say Russia is much more keen on using propaganda, though.
>>
>>8956373
Every country has propaganda. The issue is when you become so delusional that you uncritically accept anything you read that's critical of your own country, solely because it's critical.
>>
>>8956326
Jesus lord this so much.
But I'm afraid it's something like 80% of her generation who thinks like that.
>>
>>8955377
Fuck man, don't make fun of crazy old people. When you think about it, the only reason they are like that is because they know they are going to die soon so they have to do something to at least try to live their last days in happiness.

For example, my brainlet family members would be my aunt, who believes in spirits and shit. She thinks that when places get earthquakes it is because some divine force is punishing the people for not respecting the earth or something.

Pretty sad. My other brainlet family is my dad, who even after being an engineer and someone who did not believe in god, after hitting his old age and getting a heart attack out of nowhere god started existing, I guess. Now he goes to church.

We all know christians are retarded but I can at least get the man. He is about to die and I suppose that he hates his life so he is betting for another life at the end of the road.

That is why I feel bad for christians, but I would never say anything to their face. They probably all want to die and hate themselves.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (542KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
542KB, 595x842px
>>8956449
>>
>>8956453
Don't worry man. Haha, I was just playing. Of course God exists ;). Just look at all the evidence we have of him... existing. Haha.

You will have an after life, for sure. And it will be perfect. God will even be your personal friend. Because he exists, and he cares. Don't worry my friend.
>>
>>8955377
I bet your dad has lots of fun doing it and hasn't spent that much vs what he's made. And maybe he WILL win big and be even happier :)!
>>
Well, gambling addiction is real and it does make me lose some respect when people are out of control and refuse to admit it.

I guess he doesn't live in a state where craps is illegal, at least that's a slow game that you can make money at.
>>
>>8955377

Thats sad, I think your father knows you're right but needs to believe to get some hope.
>>
>>8956482
*legal
>>
>>8955377
My family is more-or-less solid. My dad is religious and is not interested in science as far as I know. He enjoys engineering, though. My mom buys into some pinterest/facebook science, but not to an extreme extent.
My gf's family, despite holding advanced degrees, are all over the place. Her Ph.D. dad makes up inane scientific bullshit to enforce rules in the house. As an example, he said one whiff of cigarette smoke contains enough nicotine to kill a cat in an attempt to keep gf's brother away from the house while smoking. I see where he's coming from (cigarettes smell like arse), but he could just say that and not lie.
My gf's mom has a B.Sc., but she is an absolute pseudo-science fanatic. She believes in horoscopes, believes in the metaphysical properties of gemstones, believes that gluten is awful, that GMOs are awful, that marijuana is harmless.
My gf and her brother suffer from their dad's scientific gas lighting in that they don't fact check anything and repeat his bullshit sometimes. Gf is a biology student and is pretty damn good at it. Gf's brother is unemployed drop-out and talks about /pol/ science mostly.
>>
>>8955377

That's pretty sad, maybe you should help your father out with his emerging obsession rather than being a condescending asshole.
>>
>>8955570
https://www.usamega.com/powerball-stats.asp
>>
>>8956538
>She believes in horoscopes, believes in the metaphysical properties of gemstones

all women believe in this
>>
File: its-a-conspiracy.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
its-a-conspiracy.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>8955546
>Yeah sure they are. I refuse to believe that they don't intentionally prevent wins every once and awhile to keep the train going. More people buy when the pot is higher.
This is exactly what he says, hi dad.
>>
Hate to break it to you but if your dad is a brainlet into hokus pokus odds are good you're a brainlet as well.

Unless your mother is Ashkenazi.
>>
>>8956313
I try it, and I try hard to explain to him, he just says that he knows that all combinations have the same probability, but he insists that the game is rigged, so some numbers are more likely to come out, and he will exploit it.

Today I made a bet with him, we both generate 10000 games, me with completely random combinations, him with his genius schemes, then see if he score significantly higher than me when the next lotto numbers come out. Lets see, i'm feeling a bit guilty already because his delusions will be shattered when he sees that theres is no difference between random and pattern playing
>>
>>8956347
>thus with bad strategy we see that you CAN decrease your expected value in lottery play
Correct, but even them you'll still spend more than you gain, so its pointless.
>>
>>8957270
Nice meme. She is literally the only degree holding woman I know that buys it.
>>
>dad reads conspiracy clickbait blogs

>always trying to make me look up to him, even though he's a college dropout who cheated on my mother when we were kids

>mum can't grasp i'm more educated than her, never trusts me when i tell her something she read isn't true or give her an opinion about anything relating to my field

my grammas at least trust me more than their doctors
>>
>>8956359
If you're doing something fucking stupid you shouldn't keep doing it because of some insane belief that everything you do will work out eventually.
>>
>mom tells me something she read on facebook
>I tell her that's wrong and stupid
>she takes my word for it because she thinks I'm smart
Not that I think this is a good thing. If I wasn't around she'd believe anything someone "smart" told her.
>>
>>8955546
It happened on live national tv,the lotto girl said the number and machine picked up the wrong one,then the following number from the machine was the one the girl said it before.
The bitch mixed up the order which leads me to believe that its all rigged from start to finish.
>>
>>8956326
>>8957270
These two describe just about every woman in my family. Also that they'll devoutly believe the first opinion that they hear on a subject. My girlfriend is slightly into the wifty wafty spiritual shit as well but at least it's only very slightly and seemingly as a semi-secular replacement for the Christian beliefs she gave up on recently. But she does do her fact checks very well for pretty much all practical things.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.