[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tutors/Teachers/Profs of /sci/ why do we make brainlets take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: rin-nakai.png (447KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
rin-nakai.png
447KB, 600x396px
Tutors/Teachers/Profs of /sci/ why do we make brainlets take math? I hear the same fucking memes over and over

>When am I going to use this
>Who is You-ler?
>You study math anon so what's 800 * 103984?
>insert meme here

I'm fucking done with these people.
>>
>>8953803
Because we're living in and moving even further towards a society that needs gigantic amounts of technical workers. Funnelling only intelligent, intrinsically interested people into science no longer fills the demand.
Unless you want your country to become a pajeet colony just to keep functioning you have to accept teaching science to some average intelligences who might not even enjoy it.
>>
>>8953803
Math is a universal code deeper than our own genome. It assisted medieval period rules assign debts, landed us on the moon and rules our economy on as simple a basis as receiving correct change from the till. If you learn math you can view the world with an advanced perspective to those who choose to ignore it.
>>
>>8953803

High school math teacher here.

Main reason: I'm paid to teach it to you, so you can get a meme degree or become an engineer and enter into a meme profession.

Other than that... in ausfagland, you study math because it is on the curriculum which is determined by figureheads in government positions from the first day you start school until the end of year 10.

Most students are shit at maths for the following reasons:

>Shit primary school teachers don't like math so never studied calculus themselves and dislike teaching maths.
>Students finish primary school and enter middle school to only receive math lessons from science teachers. If they are lucky, they will recieve lessons from maths teachers.
>students finally enter high school, hating maths from 10 years of shitty teaching. high school teachers struggle to teach them.

>10 years later
>You study math anon so what's 800 * 103984?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>Who is You-ler?
>Oiler? idk any oilers

Pic related
>>
>>8953803
The same reason we make fatties and weak fucks take Physical education.

Also, the reason they suck at it is the same reason you can't bench press your own weight; they don't care.

Get over the "Anyone who values things differently than I do is stupid."
It's infantile.
>>
>>8953803
Honestly, part of it is that certain people want to do math for a living, and it's just not that productive of a hobby, so we tell brainlets that they really need us to teach them math.

If the only mathematicians were the hardcore 100% research 0% teaching jobs, only the smartest handful would work. So the rest of us nerds who aren't really world class but want to spend our lives on math anyway, we have to justify our existence. Therefore we create this need for brainlets to learn from us.

And I get to spend only half my time teaching brainlets, and the other half doing my shitty research nobody will ever care about.
>>
>>8953803
The only reason that people complain about maths is because it is socially acceptable to be bad at maths.

It's like how the idea of majority literacy was considered impossible in industrial Britain
>>
>>8953803
Learning math increases one's problem solving abilities and promotes analytical thinking. It's good for society.
>>
File: 12345.jpg (28KB, 371x325px) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
28KB, 371x325px
>>8953803
>800 * 103984
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.