[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is after infinity?? if first FINITE, then INFINITE, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: frg.png (37KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
frg.png
37KB, 396x400px
what is after infinity??

if first FINITE, then INFINITE, then what? like no matter how many infinities you put together, you will never reach ININFINITE?

i asked my calculus professor this and he told me there are different sizes of infinities. Then I asked like WHAT is to INFINITE that INFINITE is to FINITE? and he was like maybe you should define a new mathematical concept then

Should I do it? do I get nobel prize?
>>
it's already invented sorry man
you can search "aleph null" on google to read more about it :-)))
>>
>>8947902
no way man

fuck

sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong century

all the good inventions are gone
>>
>>8947897
Infinite is not a specific amount in the same way 10 and 40000086585 are.
>>
Aleph_Aleph_G
Where G is Graham's Number
>>
>>8947911
then what is it? a scale of countability or something for bijections between infinite sets? how do you quantify countability?
>>
watch this and learn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce_4UsdatQE
>>
>>8947897
nothing is to infinite as infinite is to finite. your concept makes no sense
>>8947902
this is just some infinities that are bigger than others

some high school kids may mean aleph null when they say infinity though. the smallest of all infinities.
>>
>>8948050
The "largest infinity" would be Hilbert Space, correct?
>>
>>8947916
How am I supposed to know, I'm a NEET
>>
>>8948050
"nothing is to infinite as infinite is to finite"

get into set theory bruh
>>
>>8947917
the God Emperor already walks among us
>>
>>8947897
It's not that simple, but an example would be the difference between real numbers and natural numbers. There is an infinite number of natural numbers, but between each natural number there is an infinite number of real numbers as well, so [math]\mathbb{N}\subset\mathbb{R}[/math]. Similarly, you have [math]\mathbb{R}\subset\mathbb{C}[/math] and so on - thus you can see that different infinite sets can be strict subsets of another infinite subset. However, they are all still infinite, and, in the way you phrased it, there is nothing "beyond infinity".
>>
>>8947902
aleph is a size of a set, infinity is the limit of real numbers
>>
>>8948414

But isn't it also the size of the set of natural numbers?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.