[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that gum doesn't decompose but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: gum.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
gum.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
I've heard that gum doesn't decompose but I've also heard that it does.

So, does chewing gum decompose?
>>
>>8947434
I don't know, test it and find out for yourself.
>>
>>8947434
Short answer,yes.
>>
>>8947457
Ok. Good.

I felt bad about throwing old ones away because I thought they would sit in a landfill forever.
>>
>>8947489
What do you do with the ones you chew, if not throw them away?
>>
>>8947501
>not swallowing gum
>>
>>8947509
>not pooping in the trash
>>
>>8947434
Not in your body but it passes straight through. In nature it does
>>
>>8947434

Gum = rubber

It isn't vulcanized like a car tire is but it is the same shit

Eating it will not kill you but you really shouldn't
>>
My old math teacher would tell anyone in class chewing gum that it was incredibly unhealthy to do whilst on an empty stomach, something about it making you think you're consuming so your digestive system goes into overdrive with stomach acid corroding stomach walls because of lack of fuel to burn.

He also believed the CIA killed Bob Marley with some type of radiation gun pulsed through a hotel wall.
>>
Everything decomposes eventually, except maybe protons.
>>
>>8947971

Gum isn't rubber, I don't think it ever was
>>
>>8948473
Gum used to have a latex like ingredrient. It doesn't have any rubber any more.
>>
>>8948591
look at the ingredients list
>>
>>8948603
Are you stupid?
>>
>>8948603
Sorry i dont mean to be so aggressive. Synthetic rubbers used in gum are controversially rubber because they sometimes do not have the necessary characteristics to be rubber. An example, melting double bubble bubble gum.
>>
File: 1480636496883.jpg (133KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
1480636496883.jpg
133KB, 1024x767px
Few months back, I went on a diet to lose some weight and I started chewing gum instead of eating snacks and candy. I chew about a pack a day (12 pieces or so). Is there anything in the gum that's bad? Aspartame? One of the other dozen chemicals in there?
>>
>>8948642

Well, how's your pooper holding up?

'Cuz me, I can't touch sugar free gum at all. Those artificial sweeteners completely wreck my stomach. Even just chewing one piece will have me doubled over with bubblegut. More than one and I'm blowing snot out of my asshole like it's got a cold.
>>
>>8948642
no, it breaks down quickly into minute quantities of substances that you will ingest more of in a typical diet, even if it has spooky neurological effects it can't be absorbed into the blood let alone pass the blood-brain barrier
>>
>>8948642
Nothing really looks suspicious, but I'm not going to google every ingredient.

Aspartame, for the most part, is relatively safe. Like everything in existence, there's always a way it can hurt you. Aspartame is a dipeptide consisting of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. Phenylalanine is relatively hard to remove from the body and can buildup over time. For most people, they're not guzzling aspartame by the gallons so you can safely digest the amino acid, but some people with genetic disorders cannot properly handle the amino acid, resulting in a quick buildup of it and a variety of resulting symptoms. This is the biggest health concern with it.

It's fine as long as you don't consume a LOT of it, just like most ingredients in food.
>>
>>8948650
that's fucking interesting! I've been pooping about 2-3x a day now and only little comes out. I ascribed it to eating less.

hmmmm... could that really be due to aspartame or some other chemical in gum?

>>8948652
yeah, I'm not buying into aspartame being nurotoxic.
>>
>>8948650
aspartame isn't one of the sweeteners that cause diarrhea yet it is the most demonized by conspiracy theorists, because obesity causes so much ill health I would recommend doing the opposite and scoffing anything with aspartame in place of candy and soft drinks
>>
>>8948659
Yeah, it's less actual diarrhea and more just crazy volumes of gas and a touch of the ol' butt mucous.
>>
>>8948436
Chewing does stimulate the release of stomach acid but I don't think by enough by itself to cause issues like stomach ulcers
>>
>>8947971
Gum is not in any way a rubber
>>
>>8948642
Sorbitol is a laxitive but it's used as a sugar replacement
>>
>>8948974

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gum_base

protip: it's rubber that comes from a tree
>>
>>8948665
>>8948659
>>8948650
That would be the sugar alcohols.
Sorbitol, Xylitol, Maltitol, Erythritol, and all those other good things.
For the underexperienced, they cause bad shits for a few weeks, but that can go away with time. Ask /fit/ about it, a lot of proton powders contain it too.

Just don't let your dog get to it because some kinds are literally ultra-poison to them.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.