[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the anon that 22 days ago told me about fermenting L reuteri

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: NWY-14241-6.jpg (302KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
NWY-14241-6.jpg
302KB, 1600x1600px
To the anon that 22 days ago told me about fermenting L reuteri to fix major health problems, dysbiosis and autoimmune problems, I managed to buy some and I bought a yogurt maker and am fermenting it as we speak.

The bottom half looks translucent and off-yellow. The top half is foamy and thick white.

I'm going to take it when I wake up in 8 hours.

I'll update with any details.
>>
File: gut results.png (65KB, 1477x801px) Image search: [Google]
gut results.png
65KB, 1477x801px
also here's my original gut bacteria results
>>
File: results gut.png (399KB, 1206x779px) Image search: [Google]
results gut.png
399KB, 1206x779px
more
>>
>>8946816
>The bottom half looks translucent and off-yellow. The top half is foamy and thick white.
I don't let it go that far, I begin eating it before it separates completely. I found it gets a bitter taste to it after it separates.
>>
>>8946864
Hi.
Glad you responded.

I put about 1 liter of milk in a 4 liter milk jug for 36 hours at about 37 deg C.

I'm using biogaia protectis tablets. I crushed up 10 tabs and threw them in there and shook it.
Do I really need 10 tablets or will it grow fine with just 1 or 2?
I'm going to do this again tomorrow with about 3.5 liters of milk.

How long did it take after you first drank it for you to feel better?
Did you take anything else with it? Like PREbiotics?

Thanks again and I really hope this works.
I'm a good candidate for this because I have autoimmune problems and many tests showed dysbiosis.
>>
>>8946864
Also how much of the stuff were you taking every day?
>>
>>8946869
>I put about 1 liter of milk in a 4 liter milk jug for 36 hours at about 37 deg C.

did you sterilize the container?
>mfw anon has no idea of sterile technique
I use a fresh un-opened container of milk. I am VERY careful about contamination by other micro organisms because I want to grow the organisms I seeded the milk with and not just any wild stuff that floats in the air or came off my hands.

>>8946871
>Also how much of the stuff were you taking every day?
half a cup to a cup twice a day for 2 weeks.
I make a fresh batch every few days.

If I were you I'd take a few of the pills for a day or two to make sure I didn't have any adverse reaction before I started mega dosing on the yoghurt
>>
>>8946886
>did you sterilize the container?
no, was I supposed to?
It doesn't seem like it made a huge difference, it still fermented.
I boiled the milk though.

>I use a fresh un-opened container of milk
Well yeah, I used the same container that the milk came in to ferment.

I tried to make sure I didn't contaminate it with anything though

>half a cup to a cup twice a day for 2 weeks.
Cool. I'm probably going to be taking 1 liter of the stuff a day.
>>
>>8946886
can you answer the question about how many pills you need?

is 1 or 2 okay or do you need 10?

thanks
>>
>>8946869
>Do I really need 10 tablets or will it grow fine with just 1 or 2?
I just use a single capsule per batch and it's worked fine. The temp seems to be a big factor in how long it takes to fully colonize the milk.

>How long did it take after you first drank it for you to feel better?
I started noticing a difference in the first few days and by the end of the week my abdominal pains were greatly reduced and my bowel habits started to become regular.

>Did you take anything else with it? Like PREbiotics?
no, I just refrained from any alcohol while I was treating myself with the probiotics. I'm of the opinion that excessive alcohol consumption kills off the good bacteria in the gut.
>mfw the relationship between hard alcohol consumption and ulcers...
>>
>>8946895
>I tried to make sure I didn't contaminate it with anything though
you do realize that just pouring the milk out fills the container with unfiltered air that is just chock full of wild micro organisms.
I don't think any of these will harm you but if you consider the milk as the food source for these tiny beasties do you really want to feed & breed wild unknown micros or just the ones you're interested in?
>>
>>8946897
thanks for the information

>I started noticing a difference in the first few days and by the end of the week my abdominal pains were greatly reduced and my bowel habits started to become regular.
Wow that's amazing.

>I'm of the opinion that excessive alcohol consumption kills off the good bacteria in the gut.
that's true and it allows for bacteria that is resistant to alcohol to thrive

>I don't think any of these will harm you but if you consider the milk as the food source for these tiny beasties do you really want to feed & breed wild unknown micros or just the ones you're interested in?
true but I think the l reuteri outcompetes and kills these bacteria

also I think(don't know for sure) that bad bacteria would take a longer time to develop

people make yogurt and kefir all the time and don't use high tech lab grade sterilization techniques, they didn't use them in centuries past when they made these fermented foods

I could be wrong though.
>>
>>8946942
>I could be wrong though.
you are not wrong, I just wanted to make sure I was growing the species that I intended to grow.
>mfw when I grow corn I take pains to eliminate the weeds so that I get a better crop.

>bad bacteria would take a longer time to develop
this was an assumption I didn't want to make.
I wish you good luck with your medical problems anon. I know how frustrating it can be when the best and most honest authorities tell you 'I don't know' and the rest of the medical people just tell you conflicting BS about what the root cause is and what to do about it.

BTW. be prepared for extra gas for the first couple of weeks until your system gets used to the new gut zoo demographics
>>
This isnt going to make any meaningful difference to your health.
>>
>>8947022
>This isnt going to make any meaningful difference to your health.

>Resetting microbiota by Lactobacillus reuteri inhibits T reg deficiency–induced autoimmunity via adenosine A2A receptors
> We found that L. reuteri given either early or later produced similar effects in resetting gut microbial dysbiosis

>https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yuying_Liu2/publication/311792087_Resetting_microbiota_by_Lactobacillus_reuteri_inhibits_T_reg_deficiency-induced_autoimmunity_via_adenosine_A2A_receptors/links/585d561108aebf17d38a3279/Resetting-microbiota-by-Lactobacillus-reuteri-inhibits-T-reg-deficiency-induced-autoimmunity-via-adenosine-A2A-receptors.pdf
>>
>>8946816
Are we beginning to be able to pinpoint problems in the microbiome? I didn't even know such a test existed.
>>
>>8946816
is there a guide for fermenting it?

or can you give a quick tldr on how you did it?
>>
>>8946816

Is this beneficial to rheumatoid arthritis? Studies seem a bit shaky.
>>
>>8947006
Alright well I drank like 2 cups of the stuff 10 hours ago and I didn't notice anything at all.

If it is working, is it supposed to take a few days to weeks or something?
>>
>>8948681
not that guy, but yeah its supposed to take a while for it to really get better and "work"

although you'd see gradual improvment in the short and medium term
>>8948035
i'm not a medical doctor at all, but having a healthy gut flora helps with pretty much everything

also, i would personally advise you to look into products like Peptan for joint problems.

>>8947453
I think you can either include certain fermented foods in your diet and see an improvement overall, although some drinks like kombucha aren't necessarily beneficial for you if you just blindly drink it without any prior analysis and profiling of your gut bacteria.

Or you can get your stool analysed and get a much clearer idea of what you should be eating (based on what bacteria you'd get from eating those things). I've yet to do it, but I think in a few years to decades, it will be common practice and people will do it more and more.

I'm not saying we know everything about gut flora but it seems we know enough to know that you really don't want to have it all messed up. In many ways, you can only be as healthy as it is.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.