[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where will you be on August 21, the day a total solar eclips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Where will you be on August 21, the day a total solar eclipse crosses over America for the first time since 1979?

This might be one of the most viewed eclipses of all time since it's not in the middle of nowhere like eclipses usually are.

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html
>>
I've got a fantastic spot I use for stargazing out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere South Carolina
>>
>>8946067
Where is the best place in the US to see it?

And can I use my welding helmet?
>>
>>8946074
I'm gonna be seeing it in Salem, OR at an official viewing spot. The best place is obviously the cities where the eclipse will be longest, which are Carbondale, IL and Hopkinsville, KY. But those places are too far from me. You really just need to be somewhere in the path on that map I linked, away from clouds, to have a good solid view.
>>
>>8946074
Nebraska, has the lowest population where it goes directly over. less lights.
>>
>>8946079
>>8946089
Most hotels in every city where it's going to happen are already booked out.
>>
In other news, millions of americans will become blind on august 22.
>>
>>8946074
Welding helmets are good for watching eclipses.
>>
I'm going to drive down to Kansas or arkansas. Can get there and back in a day
>>
>tfw working with college team on launching a high altitude balloon to photograph and be a part of NASA's livestream
>>
File: redneck1.jpg (25KB, 477x316px) Image search: [Google]
redneck1.jpg
25KB, 477x316px
>>8946067
>the day a total solar eclipse crosses over America
Or as Murcans call it, "The Rapture".
>>
I wonder what happens to people who don't know and they are driving when suddenly everything goes dark.
>>
>>8946928
Camping trip for you lad
get your tent ready
>>
>>8947398
Same thing that happened with drivers in Russia when the meteor exploded. They just flick on the lights or something and keep driving.
>>
>>8946067
You can't make concrete plans until you know what the weather will be like.
>>
>>8948133
Wrong. Wait too long and you won't have a hotel to stay in. We can predict the weather hundreds of years in advance, too.
>>
>>8946067
Inspiration Point, Southern Illinois. Goes right over the cliffs there. Been waiting three years for this to happen.
>>
>>8946928
>cities
>trying to view an eclipse
>>
>>8946067
Oregon has already booked every hotel and people are charging like $200 a head for viewing parties on their property.

It's insane.
>>
>PERFECT town in Wyoming
>tried to book a hotel over a year (!) in advance; still had to get a different hotel close by since it was full
>easy drives to other areas in the totality zone if weather isn't too good
>welding viewers just came in the mail
>school starts on Tuesday instead of Monday, yay.

I'm ready
>>
>>8946067
right on the sweet pacific northwestern coast
>>
File: [headlocks your path].jpg (18KB, 465x369px) Image search: [Google]
[headlocks your path].jpg
18KB, 465x369px
>>8946067
>Where will you be on August 21, the day a total solar eclipse crosses over America for the first time since 1979?

i'll be where i usually am when a solar eclipse happens: fucking your mom in the ass.
>>
>>8948312
Got a job at Grand Teton National Park for the summer so I'll wander off into the back trails or into the wilderness areas and have the place to myself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.