[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the infinite complexity of the universe arise from absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

Did the infinite complexity of the universe arise from absolute simplicity? Did this really all come from nothing?
>>
File: u1w2VLc.jpg (262KB, 889x1126px) Image search: [Google]
u1w2VLc.jpg
262KB, 889x1126px
Pro-tip: it was God.
>>
>>8944173
More specifically, it was the prime-mover. An eternal actuality capable of actualizing itself through divine thought and the cosmos through circular movement
>>
>>8944165
No, it all came from something. Something that was really hot/dense and exploded bout 14 billion years ago. The ultradense stuff still existed in an infinite universe.
>>
>>8944382
>divine thought
bullshit detected
>>
>>8944165
I personally think you just need three things: A thing, another thing and a reason to change the state of these things. Complexity can then be achieved by a combination of these two things, and the products of these things.
>>
>nothing is impossible

This statement is actually meaningful in this context
>>
>>8944165
There is no complexity. Everything is the same. It's just a delusion.
>>
>>8944165
Symmetry has a habit of breaking. Nothingness is as perfectly symmetrical as you can get, and it duly broke. Put another way, all physical laws are corollaries of Murphy's Law.
>>
Google: emergence
>>
File: Untitled.png (287KB, 793x655px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
287KB, 793x655px
>>8944165
interesting
>http://vixra.org/abs/1608.0234
>>
>>8944165
There was never a 'nothing'.
>>
>>8944728
why does symmetry have a habit of breaking?
>>
>>8944678
But couldn't something hot and dense emerge out of an absolute vacuum? How did the stuff always exist if, according to Stephen Hawking, time itself didn't always exist?
>>
>>8944971
Don't hurt your brain thinking about it
>>
>>8944165
Perhaps it was a grand separation of virtual particles despite extreme improbability. And now the universe will equalize until eventual heat death
>>
>>8944173
Did god arise from absolute simplicity?
>>
>>8945087
God has always been, if God has a cause then whatever caused it would be God.
>>
I don't think current physics can provide an answer and it might not ever?

From a physics standpoint the universe is a paradox; it hasn't existed forever (heat death paradox), it cannot have been made from nothing (conservation violation) and anything pre dating it falls under the same two flaws.

So you have two options: An initial cause or eternal cycle that violates currently known laws of physics or a God (the same thing personified).
Now that doesn't mean the acceptance of a religion but the rejection of our current physical model as absolute.
>>
>>8945146
The universe has always been, if the universehas a cause then whatever caused it would be the universe.
>>
>>8945157
No sane physicist claims that our current model is THE model of the universe.
>>
>>8944382
Prime mover is just another way of saying it was the fundamental forces. Speculating on their unobservable metaphysical origins doesn't seem like a very useful pursuit.
>>
>>8945248
Prime mover implies intent or rather an intelligence behind the first move
>>
>>8945171
This. God and universe will always be the same thing in a debate like this. Circular reasoning in its most classic.
>>
>>8945146
G-d was born in 1980
>inb4 ayy lmao
>>
>>8944910
Entropy. Duh.
>>
none of this is real. we're in a simulation lol
>>
>>8945455
The thing I don't get about entropy is how on earth did the singularity that caused the Big Bang ever form in the first place
>>
>>8945041
What the fuck, why?
>>
>>8944165
why do mods fail to delete these threads?
>>
>>8945157
>Violating conservation
Okay
>>
>>8945504
Entropy is a probabilistic law and not an absolute one
>>
>>8945306
Except that I've seen the universe. A pretty fundamental difference.
>>
>>8944165
>infinite complexity
No.
>Did this really all come from nothing?
No.
>>
>>8945673
bcoz shill threads are source of clickbait revenue
>>
>>8945950
Then why does heat death carry weight? I'm not being antagonistic I'm curious. If entropy isn't absolute why do we treat it as the absolute fate of te universe
>>
>>8945676
Explain how it does not.
>>
>>8945991
Entropy is disorder. But eventually even totally disordered systems will become ordered, just by probability.

If I generate random, million-digit numbers long enough, eventually one of them will contain the unicode representation of Hamlet.
>>
>>8945997
I thought entropy could only ever increase? Or decrease, I forget, but one direction either way. Thus heat death means nothing else will ever happen, and /sci/ seems to state that as the accepted ultimate fate
>>
Astrophysics was a mistake.
>>
>>8944165
It's actually the opposite, according to Schrodinger's What is Life? - Absolute simplicity comes from the infinity complexity of the universe by a series of statistical thermodynamic relations.
>>
>>8945994
>Conservation
Okay

Fixed.
>>
Physics is not trying to figure out the universe.
It's about building a model that can predict the future accurately. Any ideas of the far past are worth even less than esoteric fortune telling.
>>
>>8946087
Astrophysics is glorified trivia.
>>
>>8944165
Define complexity.
>>
>>8944720
this.>>8944711
>>
>>8944711
>be literally nothing
>be nothing to prevent anything
>stuff happens

>be fully coherent
>>
my bet is that the universe fundamentally adheres to very simple rules, but through a large number of elements those rules give rise to complex structures
>>
Order spontaneously emerged from disorder, yes.
>>
>>8944709
Why not a thing, another thing and that's all folks? Let fluctuations do their job
>>
>>8945266
Prime means fundamental, or most important. Prime numbers doesn't mean intelligent numbers, it means the fundamental ones.
>>
>>8948298
No "prime" in this case means "unmoved", which is the more common phrasing but can be used interchangeably.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.