[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth learning matlab as an engineer (mech eng for me)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Is it worth learning matlab as an engineer (mech eng for me)? Or should I focus my efforts on other languages/software...
>>
Matlab will be one of the most useful languages for you.
>>
>>8942757
Yeah, being an engineer and not knowing matlab is like a mute trying not knowing sign language or a retard not knowing how to scream and casually molest people.
>>
>>8942703
They're memeing you, only EEs use Matlab. Most employers are too cheap to pay for Matlab licenses, and will just tell you to use Excel or Python or something
>>
>>8942787
fucking this. learn VB
>>
Mathematica
>>
>>8942703
Maybe. It's really easy to learn so if you think knowing the language is any useful, go for it.
>>
>>8942703
matlab is shit, learn proengineer, catia, solidworks
>>
Non OP here. What about Simulink? Does that actually get used in the wild?
>>
>>8942790
>>8942787
>>8943117
>>8942796
OP herw

I've pretty much been using solidworks and excel excessively for most of my degree (3rd year atm)

Apparently a course I'm about to do uses matlab alot which is why I'm considering it, I was just wondering how in depth I should get into it, I have a textbook and 2 months to learn as much as possible pretty much...

As for VB I'm planning on learning that in my spare time next year, and as I mentioned before I know excel and solidworks pretty much back to front at this point
>>
>>8943678

OK noob, computer scientist here to teach ya some shit

1) you don't need to "learn a programming language"; it's fucking english

2) matlab is convenient for matrices and mathematical formulas and shit.

what is required of you is to
a) know what the formulas are called
b) when to use them

3) if you have all the prerequisites for the course and you have no fucking clue, then they'll likely have an intro for you

4) if they don't have an intro for you, and you're still a clueless fag, you can learn programming overnight. just do the assignment and google what you don't know.

a) first thing you google is "matlab hello world"
b) second thing you yahoo is "matlab load csv"
c) third thing you bing is "matlab matrix multiply"

5) if you have questions, ask your goddamn instructor. what are you paying them for?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.