[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are our brains quantum computers? A couple weeks ago when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1491576993583 (1).jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491576993583 (1).jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
Are our brains quantum computers?

A couple weeks ago when I was studying for final I was doing some equations, but at the same time I was also thinking about something else (mentally reminding myself about another subject; chemistry). I was able to process two different things at the same time without realizing it. I hope I don't sound like a brainlet.
>>
>>8942260
no. Get the fuck out of here Penrose. Go back to fucking around with your goddamn tiles
>>
File: blocksyourpath.jpg (21KB, 250x295px) Image search: [Google]
blocksyourpath.jpg
21KB, 250x295px
>>8942265

*Blocks your path*
>>
>>8942260
No, but they are built on heavy parallelism, aka neural networks.
At higher level thoughts appear mostly sequential, but parallelism is what the brain is really made of.
>>
>>8942260
no, our brains are not quantum computers
no, our brains are not any kind of magic
yes, our brains are capable of awe-inspiring things even when compared to advanced computers
>>
>>8942260
Yes. In fact quantum entanglement is what allows for the existence of the soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_xEraQWvgM
>>
No, what you just experienced is called multitasking. Either your brain was thinking about both things for a little while and switching back and forth so fast you couldn't tell or you were just using different areas of your prefrontal cortex.
>>
>>8942397
define magic
>>
Lol, I Was just listening to podcast of a neurosurgeon the other day and the radio guy asked him if brains were computers. He said that people always equate brains with the most cutting edge technology of the time. At first we thought it was a system of hydraulic pumps, then a clock, then a phone call conference room, now computers.

The truth is we don't really know.
>>
>>8942391

Apparently, when we do something like decide to move our hands, the signal gets sent to the hand before the conscious decision is made.
>>
>>8944041
Is a computer really such a bad analogy? It's a bundle of neurons that link together and process data and interpret it. You have inputs, processes, outputs, it seems to have some kind of innate 'programming' that allows individuals to instinctively know certain things, it can learn and alter itself it transmits and stores information by differences in electric potential. I mean, apart from the fact it's biological and doesn't use transistors it's pretty close to being a computer based on what it does
>>
>>8944203
I don't think so. The structure is completely different. A brain isn't like a computer just because it can compute things. We understand computers very well, but brains are still not fully understood.
>>
File: is-diz-bait.jpg (7KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
is-diz-bait.jpg
7KB, 329x329px
I think this is bait, but if not.
>kys
>>
>>8942260
>Click here

STUART HAMEROFF
>>
>>8942260
Yeah you sound like a brainlet.
Multitasking is not entanglement and an undisciplined mind is not a remarkable one.
Study moar.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.