[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was listening to Mike Shermer on JRE and I want to know SCI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I was listening to Mike Shermer on JRE and I want to know SCI opinions on consciousness
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 328x328px
Consciousness is the subjective experience of the mind(sensu biosemiotics) made possible with a symbolic memory.
The mind exists in sign relations.
>>
cogito ergo sum
>>
>>8934883
We don't know our brains well enough to come up with definition of consciousness that would be usefull outside of philosophy. As we know, philosophy is useless itself, so we can't have a usefull definition of consciousness yet
>>
>>8934883
it's just the universe modelling itself, my dude
>>
>>8935317
Baka
>>
>>8935323
Teach me, senpai
>>
Consciousness isn't real, it's an illusion of our minds in the same way free will is.
>>
>>8936505
Just because you're an NPC doesn't mean I am. Plenty of people are p zombies but there's no reason to project that.
>>
My thought is that consciousness is the sum of all senses of an organism at any moment in time.
>>
The fact that we can talk about consciousness means it's not some byproduct of brain activity or some extra field that is generated like a magnetic field or something. Consciousness literally is the brain itself because how would our brain get information about the consciousness in order to discuss it if it was separate at all.
>>
>>8935317
Not really a better answer going to be presented in ye thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.