[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Carlos Chagas won a medicine noble prize, /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Carlos_chagas_2.jpg (15KB, 301x310px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_chagas_2.jpg
15KB, 301x310px
Why didn't Carlos Chagas won a medicine noble prize, /sci/?
Where his achievements and discoveries not that impressive or was it because he was Brazilian?
Are all the science nobel prizes also a joke, or only the peace and literature prizes?

Tell me, /sci/
>>
((()))
>>
Well, maybe he wasn't jewish enough.
>>
because medicine is just memorization
>>
>>8933862
>>8933866
These
>>
>>8933859
His familyname doesn't have enough precious metals in it
>>
Because he found the chagas disease and the insect who is infected and transmit the disease to humans, other scientists couldn't do that.

In northwest, northeast brazil i don't know exactly there was a poor girl who came to chagas and said my dad is dying, and then he came into the fathers house and see that there was a man with chagas disease, and see the insect that was in the same place
>>
Neglected tropical diseases are neglected for a reason. 1st world countries don't give a fuck about them
>>
I think the Brazilian Medical Establishment lobbied against him, he deserved one.
>>
>>8937719
what did they have against him?
>>
>>8933859
Nobel Prizes are only given to Western Europeans and Americans, its political
>>
>>8937739
Yoshinori Ohsumi disagrees
>>
>>8937739
You mean Jews. (There is a non-Jew nobel prize winner at my university who I had pizza with lol)
>>
File: cesarlattes.0.jpg (14KB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
cesarlattes.0.jpg
14KB, 270x180px
>>8933859 >Carlos Chagas, Brazillian that almost won a Medicine noble prize

>>8933866 >Well, maybe he wasn't jewish enough.

>>8937719 >Brazilian Medical Establishment lobbied against him.

>>8937739 >Jews

César Lattes was the greatest Brazillian Physicist.

Lattes almost won a Physics nobel prize of 1950,
because He was one of discoverers of the Pion elementary particle.

He discovered Pion with His adviser Cecil Powell (from University of Bristol)

But only Cecil Powell, his adviser won the prize.
He was the main assistant of Cecil Powell.
César Lattes argued that his adviser stole the Prize.

However in this case, Lattes was a Jew.
Lattes was a son of Jewish Immigrants from Italy, raised in Brazil.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.