[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There is a 99% chance if humanity doesn't manage to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1469066714727.png (319KB, 393x809px) Image search: [Google]
1469066714727.png
319KB, 393x809px
>There is a 99% chance if humanity doesn't manage to colonize other bodies in the solar system within the next 100 years we'll go extinct
Why isn't leaving Earth our #1 priority right now? Do people not realize how fragile our existence on this planet is? All it would take is a single extinction level event to occur and that's it. The only intelligent species in the universe dies out. If we want humanity to continue existing we MUST leave Earth and create self sustaining colonies on other worlds
>>
>>8931898
>There is a 99% chance if humanity doesn't manage to colonize other bodies in the solar system within the next 100 years we'll go extinct
you got a source for that there fact?
>>
>we'll go extinct
and why not? what's so great about us...
>>
>>8931928
Cuck
>>
>>8931973
Cuck to whom? There is nobody out there. Oh wait, I forgot that /pol/tards have an extremely limited vocabulary.
>>
File: JEBBED.jpg (86KB, 790x602px) Image search: [Google]
JEBBED.jpg
86KB, 790x602px
All societies should secretly adopt extinctional posadism / extinctional accelerationism
This can be the only driver of humans to leave the planet
Raise the dose of the infertility drugs in the water supplies, encourage mass unsupported breeding, cycle the GMOs for planned famines
>>
Why would I want it to be "our" #1 priority? It's not anyone related to me is going to get into the colony.
>>
>>8931898
stop pulling numbers out of your ass for a start, that's no way to build a space ship
>>
>>8931898
We have been living on this planet for 200000 years.
Tell me exactly why the next 100 should be so different.
Nuclear wars or poles melting can make a lot of victims, but they are not extinction level events.
>>
There is no way in predicting that probability accurately, that's bullshit
>>
>>8931898
People are too concerned with politics and climate change to give a shit about cosmic expansion. I hate to say it, but unless you can get businesses on board with space expansion, we probably aren't going into space anytime soon.

The businesses have the money, if you can get investor's eyes on space, you'll most likely see a lot more progress towards space expansion in a rather short time. All we really have right now is SpaceX if that helps you see where we are.
>>
>>8932272
See? Shit like this is the problem. No one is looking at the big picture. It's all about me me me. That's why we're not getting any closer to space. No one wants to make the big leap that launches humanity into the cosmic field. Until people start investing more in space exploration,expansion, and survival, we won't have a date with space.
>>
>>8931898
Nearest habitable planet wont have better living conditions than earth in 100 years, if thats what you think will be the reason for our extinction. Reason for exploring space is and should be curiosity, no amount of cucks can stop that because, by nature, on average, if you have power to control this kind of things, you won't prioritise african kids over space exploration. Its okay to falsely motivate normalfags if its for the great cause.
>>
>>8931928
>and why not? what's so great about us...
your a cuck because you would rather see your own species die out than actually contribute to it. That is fucking parasitic. And if you want to know what's so great about us, it's our potential. We could grow immensely and accomplish great feats in likeness of our fathomations if we truly strive to see our dreams realized.
>>
>>8931898
>The only intelligenct species in the universe...

Stopped reading there. I don't engage with brainlets.
>>
>>8933516
Gtfo brainlet
>>
>>8933580
Where's the evidence for any other intelligent species existing?
>>
>>8933580
>>8933627
>Our current understanding of the universe is that it is infinite.
>Thus infinite planets
>We know life exists on at least one planet
>We have a subset larger than zero of an infinite set
>Since the set is infinite, the subset must also be
>There are infinite planets with life

Tl;dr
You're a brainlet
>>
>>8933507
All we need it's another race doing it already and everyone would jump on boat.

Hell we can even lie to them about being another race with space travel and they'll try to do it.
>>
>>8933704
The set { .... -3, -2, -1, 0, 1 } is infinite and has only one positive element.
Your argument is invalid.
>>
File: 1483507453941.jpg (20KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1483507453941.jpg
20KB, 500x313px
>>8933779
>Falling for bait this obvious.

Come on /sci/ you're supposed to be the smart board
>>
>>8931898
Kill all nonwhites to give us a much longer timeline to achieve space colonialization
>>
>>8933510
Tell me why should I want humanity to spend resources to get a nice and safe future for the 1%.
>>
>>8934137
I'm Mexican but with a master's in math. Can I stay? Skin is white.
>>
>>8931898
>go extinct
Maybe in temperate latitudes but the humans in the tropics have laughed off every single hominid extinction event including Toba, the only reason we eve exist is because the humans who left Africa before us went extinct due to Toba while we were still in North Africa.

The niggers will most likely never ever go extinct though because their African climate barely ever changes.
>>
>>8931898
>>There is a 99% chance if humanity doesn't manage to colonize other bodies in the solar system within the next 100 years we'll go extinct

WTF!!! Who told you this 100% bullshit. 1000 years from now the majority of humans will live on earth... Earth is our fucking HOME... what makes you think we are suddenly going to not be able to live here.
>>
>>8931898
NEVER post the picture of my wife again, you hear me?
>>
>>8935015
>NEVER post the picture of my wife again, you hear me?

So who is your waifu?
>>
>>8933779
>{ .... -3, -2
What if the dots on the left contain other positive elements, specifically an infinite number of them, huh?
Your argument is invalid
>>
>>8933660
I've seen dolphins before.
>>
>>8931898
>The only intelligent species in the universe dies out
How do you know this?
>>
>>8931898
Because it's more important that we focus on passing papers around. Politics and accounting are the prime objective.
>>
>>8931898
>>8933580
>>8933660
>>8933704
>>8935521
>>8935535
>The only intelligent species in the universe dies out
I feel op chose a greatly poor choice in wording this
if it were me I would say
"The only intelligent species that was able to develop into a complex and advanced civilization to date in the known universe."
>>
>>8933510
See
>>8934171

It's not that the general public is "me me me"; the super rich are "me me me" and the general public has the (likely correct) idea that even if they gave it their all, they, nor anyone they know about, nor anyone descended from them, would see any benefit for it. It's like some sort of meta-level societal refusal to get cucked out of a planet.

Without speaking my own political opinions, if you had a government/culture in the US that was more meritocratic and/or guaranteed people a share of the benefits as long as they were willing to put in work getting us there, you'd see tons of people interested in things from getting into space to life extension to curing cancer etc.

The one shared most common argument for those things online is:
>Why should I care? It'll only be for the rich anyway.

Distrust in the distribution of resources is the #1 priority on most peoples' minds right now. Change that up (and I'm not saying go take errything from the 1%, but actually provide a quality of life for people getting into nonlucrative but important work) and you might get to having space colonies in a few decades.
>>
>>8931928
hey, if you want to see humanity go extinct, why don't you start with yourself you dumb faggot edgelord
>>
>>8931898
>99% chance
Who is coming up with these numbers?
Who has absolute information about our environment to come up with this stat?
>>
>>8936397
climate alarmism is a doomsday cult that replaced the old doomsday cult once everyone started becoming 'atheists'

>>8931898
>99%
Im all for space colonization as soon as possible and honestly we should be putting a lot more resource into it but you are pretty dumb m8
>>
>>8933704

>Our current understanding of the universe is that it is infinite.

Nope, we only know it is likely to be much bigger than the observable part (no curvature of spacetime was detected), but true size of the universe is unknown
>>
>>8931898

Humanity does not need to go extinct in the next 100 years to be doomed. High tech society collapsing is enough to doom humanity into an eventual extinction. Sooner or later we need to get off this rock if humanity is to survive, and nobody knows how long the current phase of technologically advanced society will last. Thats why it is better to expand into space sooner rather than later.
>>
Because you'll be dead in 100 years regardless.
>>
>>8935283
>there are an infinite number of positive integers less than zero
you are invalid
>>
>>8933516
>That is fucking parasitic
quite the opposite, I think. Under a certain definition, parasites might be the most uncucked variety of organism on the planet.

It's the host that's the cuck.
>>
File: 1438983824810.jpg (740KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1438983824810.jpg
740KB, 2048x1536px
>>8931898
There's no intrinsic value in our species.
There's no intrinsic value in technological advancement.
No one cares, and you don't matter.

Humans are a bunch of disgraceful fucks anyway. Wouldn't be so bad seeing everyone burn. Until then I'm content passing time watching my chinese cartoons.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.