[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/sci/ pops boners over Von Neumann, Euler, Gauss, Bohr, Archimedes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: cavemen-food-nutrition-447x300.jpg (55KB, 447x300px) Image search: [Google]
cavemen-food-nutrition-447x300.jpg
55KB, 447x300px
>/sci/ pops boners over Von Neumann, Euler, Gauss, Bohr, Archimedes, etc.

>no mention of the first physicist, Uk-Nur, who invented the wheel and axle, and was able to communicate how it worked to others using only grunts

Was some mammoth-eating, berry gathering fucker the greatest scientist of all time? I mean this guy had no knowledge of math, probably didn't even count the hairy bitches he impregnated, and derived simple machines from animal logic. What IQ would be required to invent the wheel and axle from nothing? It's obviously not as simple as it sounds, since it took hundreds of thousands of years. Did the caveman who invented the wheel have the highest IQ of all time?
>>
>>8929842
I'm pretty sure things like fire and the wheel were discovered accidentally, and their physical properties are what made them significant. I don't think they were deliberately invented by some genius caveman.

I could be wrong however, without definitive evidence from that time everything is up to conjecture.
>>
>>8929842

The invention of the wheel happened long after speech you dunce, the Sumerians already had sophisticated mathematics before the first wheel came along.
>>
>>8929845
>fire
>hmm, we have this destructive thing. Let's stick our most valuable resource besides water in it and see what happens

Someone had to be smart enough to know something.
>>
>>8929842
>find log
>roll it

UK DISCOVER WHEEL
>>
>>8929842
Object usefulness is a quality that even apes have. There was an experiment where a monkey stacked 3 boxes on top of each other to get a banana. This is a primitive ladder. What kind of intelligence did this ape have to achieve this? Euler has nothing on bobo!
>>
>>8929842
There is literally nothing impressive about something like inventing the wheel if you have a modern humans brain. You are in the realm of intuition. Almost every human with an IQ of at least 60 can intuitively figure things like that out.
>>
>>8929842
>round rocks roll
>rock to hard to put hole into
>rock to heavy to carry
>tree is light
>tree is easy to cut hole into
wheel made
stfu about it now please
>>
>>8930040
in fact a bet a rock or a log where first used as a wheel. then it took off from their. mother nature wins again.
>>
>>8929842
What is impressive about humans is that we can prove things.

Noticing a pattern that a^2+b^2 = c^2 is easy because most brains that have to navigate a physical world are going to think geometrically, but proving it is what separates us from the other great apes, and the entire animal kingdom.
>>
>>8929842
>using only grunts

Most likely a rather well developed language. Unless you consider modern language grunting too.

>>8929845
>>8929859
I'm sure they were discovered/invented by countless people all around the world at various times. Most simply tools would have been. Even the wheelbarrow was invented in BCE unlike the myth it was invented in medieval times. Rolling shit on top of loose logs is probably the oldest and most well invented non-hand tool.
>>
File: 1494729272972.jpg (375KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1494729272972.jpg
375KB, 1024x687px
>>8930045
>this is what mathfaggs actually believe
>>
>>8930536
>BCE

Atheist pls
>>
>>8930045
The ability to prove in math separates us from great apes...are you sure thats THE thing that separates us?
>>
>>8929842
>and was able to communicate how it worked to others using only grunts

lol he must not have been very smart. Any other caveman would have simply demonstrated that it worked and kept its technological secrets to themselves.
>>
>>8929846
/thread
>>
>>8929842
The humans that connected plants growing with planting seeds is the human who contributed the most to our species since without this guy we would have no agriculture and still be hunter gatherers.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 312x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 312x349px
>>8930021
>apes stack boxs
Quite honestly, NOTHING SPECIAL
Yeah people where stacking rocks on top of eachother for millennia in attempt to reach higher places.
Until one day the great scientist Thomas Ladder came along with the quite honestly, revolutionary invention, the LADDER. He was like, "HEY, YALL NIGGAS CHECK THIS OUT". He promptly removed his complex machine from behind a tree propped it up against his house and installed the very first roof.
He remains a folk hero to this day. His unrivaled intellect and scientific contribution, quite honestly remain unrivaled to this day.
Quite honestly, I am dumbfounded that I do not see Thomas ladder mentioned on /sci/ more often
>>
>>8930624
BC and AD were officially changed to BCE and CE. Only Christian extremists still use BC and AD.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.