[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any American medfags or aspiring medfags here? Which school do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Any American medfags or aspiring medfags here? Which school do you go to? How hard was it to get in? Which school are you planning to get into?
>>
>>8929380
>got into Brown
>Won't tell you which one I chose :^)
its pretty obvious unless you are poor
>>
>>8929326

Become a PA instead and keep some shred of your life together instead. You think you'll have freedom but you won't. 90% of us end up dancing puppets for giant, increasingly conglomerated health systems.

Either become a PA and have a real life or become go to business school and become one of these administrators that are now making more than most of the physicians I know, and who don't get called at 2am on a Saturday save a life for their profit.
>>
>>8929326
>>8929461
Become a PA.
>>
>>8929461

Also, look into Nursing Practitioner, or NP. In most states NPs have more prescription rights than PAs, and you don't have to have a doctor tied to you. Some states also allow you to open your own practice as a NP. CRNA is also a very hot field, making the anesthesiologists cry.

TFW some CRNAs pull in like 200k+.

The reason NP might be more attractive than PA is that you are working while you do your NP as an RN. That means you're likely making 30+ an hour while attending NP school. Where as PA you're not working.
>>
>>8929535
Give it to me straight, is Nurse Practitioner just a meme? The way people talk about it, it sounds too good to be true.
>>
Not science related

>>>/adv/
>>
I'm applying next cycle for med school. It's nice to finally see a /medfag/ thread that isn't just shitting on people.
>>8929563
Fugg off m8
>>8929563
NP does sound like a really good gig. Though I don't want to go to nursing school due to all of the intolerable sorority girls that populate the classes. CRNA is nice too. And they have a much better schedule than the anesthesiologist
>>
>>8929563
Meant to reply to
>>8929565
>>
>>8929326
>>/o/
>>
One of my good friend's mom is a emergency medicine specific NP for Baylor (idk which hospital). She makes BANK. Works 3 days/week which are 18 hr shifts each. Makes more $$$ than her spouse who is a mech engineer. You should see their house lol
>>
>>8929563
Not a meme. But prepare to deal with annoying women who are only RNs because of $. The barrier to entry for RNs is very low, so you get some incompetent nurses. RNs like to complain how hard their life is but at the same time make 34 an hour working three 12 hour shifts a week. Not including OT. I was considering NP or CRNA but the women really rubbed my the wrong way.

t. CNA of 4 years applying to medical school
>>
I have my mcat june 1st and am applying this cycle. I can try to answer any questions if you want I don't know if their is interest.

My undergrad is top 30 in us news ranking. But it's assoicated med school is around top 20.

It was pretty easy to get into but I am URM. I hear it's a bit harder now but if you ED it should be fine.

I really like stony brooks med school. I also really like suny downstate I really would like to stay by nyc if possible.

Please let me know if you have more questions
>>
>>8929789
What is your GPA? What are you doing to beef up your application? Like research or volunteering.
>>
>>8929807
My gpa is 3.93 it could have been higher but I was dumb and chose to major in computer science. I am hoping I can sell that to help me into school I don't deserve.

Trust me when I say the Comp sci classes are much harder than the premed classes. To do well in premed classes you need to download anki and make flashcards and you'll be fine.

Trust me when I say I am a huge brainlet but it's doable if you try.

I have research at a medschool and I do have volunteering with homeless and at an ambulance core.

If you want to get in you need to have clinical volunteering and shadowing. Research helps a lot but is not as mandatory

GPA
MCAT
CLINICAL VOLUNTEERING
SHADOWING
NON CLINICAL VOLUNTEERING
THREE LETTER OF RECS

The above is all mandatory stuff to get in anywhere. To get into some place cool you need research that makes an impact. I would recommend you look at all the nearby labs and find which ones have the most nature pubs and try to get in.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.