[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get feelings of dissociation/depersonalization,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to get feelings of dissociation/depersonalization, like an LSD-type of borderline schizophrenia, just by not being in contact with people or not interacting with them? How important is direct interaction to our psyche?

I'm asking because it felt like it would be a good idea for people to leave me alone so I could concentrate on studying but I'm beginning to see downsides both in performance as in how 'sharp' I am and in just not being an autismo in general.

Anyone have experience?
>>
>>8928936
Artfag here. Yes.

Lack of contact leads to stress in social situations which increases cortisol which leads to brain rot and the death of neuron connections and neural pathways.

But you can counter that out with Neurogenesis
>>
>>8928936
Social interaction is important. I tend to withdraw frequently and not socialize for long periods and I've also noticed negative effects. I'm more anxious and I also pick up less random information. There was some study I read a while ago about creativity and human contact. They basically locked somebody in a room for weeks with no human contact and measured creativity. Without human contact creativity dropped dramatically. Although, I suppose the internet is probably good enough to stave off that kind of problem.

Basically you should try to be a well adjusted human being. We function best that way.

You should try to find someone smarter than you to study with. You get your necessary social interaction and your studying is more efficient.
>>
>>8928936
More like lack of sensory stimulation. Try locking yourself in a dark bathroom for 3 days and see what happens.
>>
>>8929324
I actually want to do this
>>
>>8929338
I have done that. It basically gave me disassociation with some hallucinations and disorganized thoughts. Doesn't sound pretty but there was something that l liked about it. It felt like my imagination took control and it seemed like I could "hear" and "see" my thoughts better. I started losing contact with the real world but I wasn't in there for enough time for that to happen completely.
I guess it matters to say that I already have psychosis. Are you neurotypical? If so you can try and message me about it. Good 'ol 4chan bropsychology.
>>
>>8928936
Will probably give you a self/thought disorder
If you become a recluse and tolerate it chances are that you are already schizoid or schizotypical
>>8929359
I get depersonalization in the middle of a large group of people. No positive schizophrenia symptoms though.
I know what you mean about your thought, i got to the point where my imaginary self would heckle me whenever I tried to do something IRL. I think I was a couple steps away from hearing voices before I became self aware. I'm not the guy you talked to but I am nuerotypical but I'm also a schizotch and have been since early child hood so I have some autistic thinking
>>
>>8929729
>>8928936
And interesting note. LSD let's me live in the moment and form emotional connections to the world around me that otherwise are not there. weed however is detrimental and sends me directly into withdraw. Weed is a huge risk factor for ending up on the schizophrenia spectrum.
>>
Why does this thread feel like a psy-op or something?
>>
>>8928936
Zappa has the best explanation. Guy was a genius musician (parents were missile designers too) .

https://youtu.be/HZ0phUpDPA4?t=623
>>
>>8928936
I'm a shut in for about three years.

Talk only to my parents and people paid to interact with me (store clerks, etc). I've had moments of depersonalization, and I also talk to myself a lot, and very often myself responds.

It's cozy in some ways, but ultimately probably pretty bad. I haven't had any cognitive deterioration, at least as far as being able to problem solve is concerned. My social skills have even sharpened, some, now that I talk to so much to myself.
>>
>>8929744
What do you mean?
>>
>>8929829
Trying to NASH the shit out of us.

Look, being good at logical type stuff doesn't mean you are fucking psycho. I find it very hard to believe that people willing to go on 4chan can't grab a microphone and make friends with people on vent/discord playing vidya or meeting people in groups.

Read some pick up artist books, not only to increase your chances of getting laid but to fix your fears of social interaction.

For Christ sakes FEYNMAN used to go to strip bars and talk to the titty dancers while solving physics equations.
>>
>>8929800
I'm a shut in but I also have a girlfriend. She probably helps significantly as a source of social interaction. But when I'm left alone I usually have mock arguments in my head. I imagine what others would say and have pretty long debates. I'm pretty sure that's why I ended up good at arguing and have alright social skills. I'm completely retarded when it comes to flirting or noticing when I'm being flirted with though. Can't really simulate that in my head.

Pretty sure I have "secret" schizoid personality disorder too. That's probably why I avoid social interaction beyond what my cock compels.

The isolation doesn't seem to impact my problem solving or reasoning but it definitely increases my anxiety in social settings, which leads to significantly increased chances of raining spaghetti. Regular social interaction with people also increases the amount of random information I pick up, which helps me convince people that I'm smart, which then furthers my ability to socialize. It also sometimes comes in handy for problem solving.
>>
Yes. Isolation can make symptoms of anxiety and depression much worse, like depersonalization.
>>
>>8929839
I'm still not following. Are suggesting that this thread is an attempt to convince everyone that they have some kind of mental disorder or something?

Psyop is just a shortening of psychological operation. What is the purpose of this psyop? How are they trying to accomplish it?

Your post was vague about addressing those points.
>>
>>8929839
I'm OP and I don't understand what you mean, I literally made this thread because it's what's happening to me.

I'm a foreigner and I don't have trouble interacting with people, I just don't like doing it too much because they're new people that I have to take time to know, they're from a completely different culture than me so it's hard to have a genuine conversation and I value my old friends much more since I've been invested in their lives. I think there was a name for this kind of behavior but it's slipping my mind.

Thanks to all the posters too, really interesting stuff.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.