[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong to deduce your own IQ through percentile performances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: covenant.jpg (191KB, 1108x772px) Image search: [Google]
covenant.jpg
191KB, 1108x772px
Is it wrong to deduce your own IQ through percentile performances on standardized tests and then averaging them together? By doing that I get a 120 IQ estimate for myself which is merely "high average" but I feel more comfortable knowing my limitations

> 31 on the ACT-- I know ACT/SAT aren't full-fledged IQ tests but I understand there is some kind of correlation. A 31 is 96th percentile
>took SAT math and got a 700-- I always perform much better at reading/writing so let's assume an equivalent 700 for that, which would put it at 1400, but 1400 is best case scenario so let's knock it down to 1300. A 1300 is 91th percentile
>I took the military ASVAB and got 98th percentile, but I'll knock it down to 90th percentile to account for all the retards who join the military affecting the numbers

>the mean of these numbers is 95-- to be safe and adjust, knock it down to 90th percentile overall performance
And the 90th percentile for IQ is roughly 120 maybe give or take a couple of points, I could knock it down even further to 85th percentile which puts me at 115-120

is it retarded to do it this way?
>>
File: IMG_1296.jpg (45KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1296.jpg
45KB, 604x437px
>>8925098
You clearly have an IQ of a nigger. These tests can all be prepared for through brute forcing practice exams everyday.
>>
>>8925139
sure but I didn't brute force them and if you're competing with people that did brute force them wouldn't that put your "actual" score at a higher number? and can't IQ tests be brute forced as well?
>>
op you are asking anons to gauge your intelligence, you are doing it wrong
>>
>>8925098
If you spend time calculating your IQ, then it's probably low.

Smart people don't bother, they know they are smart and dedicate their time and energy to more useful things.
>>
>>8925150
No because it also depends on your prior education from primary/secondary schooling. My god, how much of an autist do you have to be to not understand this?
>>
>No because it also depends on your prior education from primary/secondary schooling.
partially yeah but that doesn't explain the strong correlation between brute-forceable SAT tests and non-brute-forceable IQ tests
>>
>>8925161
This. Who even cares about their IQ in the first place?

>inb4 t. brainlet
>>
>>8925098
>took WAIS-IV at 17
>136 composite IQ
>took SAT at 15
>1760

epic
My IQ is fucking worthless
>>
>>8925193
I think it's odd that people want to ignore IQ so much, it's the single best predictor we have for a lot of things in life. I'm not saying IQ is everything but it's the most critical piece of information you could have about someone. My intent with the post was not
>DUDE I'M SO SMART LMAO, LOOK AT MY IQ
because my IQ is, at best, at the high end of average so I literally have nothing to brag about

I think if more people could nail down their number they could make better life choices. You could pick from a category of jobs that match your IQ and you could potentially have a greater chance of being well-respected at your job, even if your job is just "Lead Janitor", you're still the smartest janitor on your team and get paid more. We have all these people going into thousands of dollars of debt because they fall for the STEM meme and realize it's too much for them and they aren't happy being so shitty at it

It would lower the bar for some people and that's just the hard truth they would need but they could still choose to trudge onward, and for other people it could raise the bar and motivate them to do more
>>
>>8925205
IQ doesn't matter. All that matters is where you're at in life and where you're going to be heading towards.
>>
>>8925205
>it's the single best predictor we have for a lot of things in life

EQ is a much better predictor (something that people who stumble into 4chan fights all day don't have)
>>
>>8925162
>he doesn't know IQ tests can be trained for
what is CogSketch
>>
>>8925209
>All that matters is where you're at in life and where you're going to be heading towards.
I agree but the fact is that IQ is the best predictor for lifetime "success"-- people with higher IQ's tend to be paid more, they commit less crime, they are less likely to be in chronic pain, have longer lifespans etc etc, basically every positive attribute you could think of and there's a strong link between them all

>>8925210
>EQ is a much better predictor
I've seen a lot of psychologists talk shit about EQ as a fad much like astrology, and the military doesn't use any form of "EQ testing" for anything at all
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.