[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, my physics professor glosses over a lot of problems. She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: how do i do this.png (28KB, 808x293px) Image search: [Google]
how do i do this.png
28KB, 808x293px
Hello, my physics professor glosses over a lot of problems. She teaches theorem completely, but never shows examples, leaving me to use my small IQ to figure things out.
>>
>>8923971
A=6.0m[cos(30°), sin(30°)]
B=4.0m[cos(90-30°), sin(90-30°)]
>>
>>8923999
He's converting to rectangular form here. The next step you want to take is to add the pairs up, keep your numbers parallel.
>>
>>8923971
>>>/sci/sqt
>>
>>8924013
>>8923972
>>
>>8923999
I don't get it, can you at least tell my the WHY's and HOW's on how to solve this?
>>
>>8924025
So what is basically happening is you want to know what both vectors add up to each other. To do so, you have to change both your vectors to rectangular form. So you convert what is 6.0 @ 30 degrees ---> into (x,y). You do this with trig. Next step is to add up the coordinates. Add your X's add your Y's. Then the final step since your answers are in polar form is to convert the added value to polar form using trig with your new values. Your essentially finding the hypotenuse so use A^2+b^2=c^2. Done.
>>
>>8923971
Do you understand trig? Imagine that the vector is the hypotenuse of a triangle. Solve for the lengths of the other two side's, add the sides together and then resolve for the new hypotenuse.
>>
>>8924044
Yes, what I am having trouble understanding is WTF is north of east, and east of north. And why is the resulting answer north of east. Is it because thats where the direction would be heading if say both vectors were physically acting on each other because vector A has a larger magnitude? There are many questions I have.
>>
>>8924051
Here's an easy way to think of what is meant by the cardinal directions:
NORTH of east. North of the EAST LINE.

So the vector is pointing right above the EAST LINE on the COORDINATE PLANE.

EAST of north. East of the NORTH LINE.

So the vector is pointing EAST of the NORTH LINE on the COORDINATE PLANE.
>>
>>8924051
Draw a x,y coordinate on a piece of paper. The positive Y axis = north, positive X axis = east. 30deg North of east means they are saying there are positive 30 degrees between the x axis and your vector. If they said 30 degrees south of east then you would be -30 degrees between your vector and the x axis (or in the 4th quadrant)

Draw a compass ( north, south, east, west) and it will make sense.
>>
>>8924062
Sex
>>
>>8924051
>WTF is north of east, and east of north

Anti-clockwise from the x-axis, clockwise from the y-axis, respectively. Have you never seen a map?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.