[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we are to assume that the universe came from essentially nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: life.jpg (44KB, 660x433px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
44KB, 660x433px
If we are to assume that the universe came from essentially nothing and a random chance, then there is no meaning to life. But it's truly remarkable that life exists and that reality allows life to persist and flourish. There will be a day where all the life on earth is dead, and hopefully by then we will have harnessed the hidden powers of nature to travel to distant galaxies to populate other planets.
>>
>>8923920
>hidden powers of nature
druids confirmed next step in evolution
>>
File: 1476214571470.jpg (27KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1476214571470.jpg
27KB, 500x467px
>>8923920
Why did we go from earth straight to "distant galaxies" for fuck's sake?
There is a 2,5 million light year fucking void between us and Andromeda.
Meanwhile there is 100,000,000,000 stars in our own.
>>
>>8923965
One of the cool things I learned from stargate: universe. The distance between galaxies are HUGEEEEE
>>
>>8923920
Life isnt shit you moron. Its the anthropic principle. Reguardless of what the odds of intelligent life existing are, we can only ask the question in a universe where those odds allowed us to exist. "Oooh life must be special, look at how complicated the universe that allows us to live is" is a fucking retarded statement. There could be (and probably are) trillions of times more universes that never give rise to life, but they dont fucking matter because nobody is around to utter the equally retarded question "wheres all the life in the universe?".
>>
>>8923947

major kek
>>
>then there is no meaning
Compared to what? Would a god give life meaning? Doesn't seem obvious to me.

Life is meaningless regardless.
>>
>>8923920
>travel to distant galaxies to populate other planets

Why? We haven't even colonized worlds in our own solar system, mere months away by chemical rockets. Why would we need to traverse millions of light years?
>>
>>8924268
If the Universe had some of its variables slightly altered, and intelligent life came to be on a different planet, under different circumstances, would it not think the same:
"Wow, look how precisely fine-tuned the Universe must have been for us to be alive here right now!"?
>>
>>8926925
Is there even any reason to believe the laws of the Universe to be arbitrary?
>>
>>8926946
Not unless you're religious, e.g. Catholics would believe the Universe was made precisely so that the Earth would come to be and we'd evolve on it I guess

Otherwise no reason to though. We don't even begin to know the laws of the Universe, let alone understand why they are what they are.
>>
>>8923920
>the universe came from essentially nothing
Lrn2cosmogenesis fgt pls
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.