[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we dig a hole to the core and dump all our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: earthcore.png.jpg (269KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
earthcore.png.jpg
269KB, 1600x900px
Why don't we dig a hole to the core and dump all our thrash down it?
>>
>>8922388
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2suzan/eli5_why_dont_we_dump_our_trash_in_volcanos/
>>
File: fig1.png (22KB, 350x317px) Image search: [Google]
fig1.png
22KB, 350x317px
>>8922388
Because temperature
>>
>>8922388
The deepest hole ever dug was about 7.5 miles, Kola Superdeep Borehole. Eventually the drill bit gets to hot to work.
>>
>>8922409
Make it out of diamond, or perhaps some sort of titanium-lead alloy?
>>
>>8922451
Don't know, I'd assume the Soviets would have thought of that though.
>>
>>8922462
The fucking soviets were fucking crazy and had shit doctorates.
They believed that plants would cooperate when plants are searching for water. Fucking leukocytes
>>
>>8922542
Sorry, I mean *lysenkoism
>>
With much less effort we would be able to convert the so called trash into something valuable.
>>
>>8922542
>Lysenkoism
Just reading, I had no idea it was so bad - they had thousands of actual biologists imprisoned- how did it get so bad?

Also it didn't officially end until the mid 60s.
>>
>>8922388
Throw it in volcanoes?
>>
>>8923956

Don't mean to sound like a hippie but it would be way better if we just got really really good at recycling stuff. I am sure there is a lot of potential of what we can do with what is typically trash.
>>
>>8925196
I'm a cook. My place doesnt have waste menagement for composting food scraps. Working on getting this. Only been the w/ the place a month.
>>
>>8922388
>>8925188
Listen Hitlers. If you were to do this, which really isn't feasible at fucking ALL. since we have no where nearly enough open volcanoes for even ONE country. That shit would also vapourise and probably add a couple of full percentages to greenhouse gasses and pollution in the atmosphere
>>
>>8922388
Because it would turn into gas and escape into
the atmosphere
>>8922451
The problem was more along the lines of rock exhibiting strange, plastic like properties at those depths that would quickly warp the bit.
>>
>>8925009
>Proponents falsely claimed to have discovered, among many other things, that rye could transform into wheat and wheat into barley, that weeds could spontaneously transmute into food grains, and that "natural cooperation"
I knew that education was really shitty in the Soviet Union but... Jesus fucking Christ.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.