[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If plasma is contained by a magnetic field, could solid matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

If plasma is contained by a magnetic field, could solid matter pass through?
E.g., the lightsaber
>>
>>8920843
lightsabers are fucking stupid
>>
>>8920861
YOU GO TO HELL
>>
>>8920864
Well they are.
>>8920843
Yes.
>>
>>8920843
of course. plasma is ionized _gas_ and most materials don't respond to magnetic fields
>>
>>8920843
The matter would disrupt the field.
>>
If you made a plasma lightsaber, wouldn't operating it for even a few seconds without proper PPI cause a person do go blind and deaf? It would generate a ton of UV light and ultrasound, to say nothing of the ozone and nitrogen oxide produced. I'd be like holding a lightning bolt next to your face.
>>
>>8920898
This.

>>8920843
Plasma is not magic.
>>
>>8921009
But, the force and shit...
>>
>>8921009
Not to mention the shit creating the magnetic fields that strong would probably fuck you up or pull teeth fillings out.
>>
>>8920843
You have a better chance trying to make a black hole saber
>>
>>8921336
How?
>>
You're probably thinking of the 1995 plasma window (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_window )

It's not very viable for a variety of reasons. It does what you want it to do, but to get it to do that you have to do a lot of shit, plus the high temperatures and problems mentioned by >>8921222 and >>8921009

Still, if the technology was there, then sure. If we could contain negative effects, then hell, get some fusion power and live in fantasy land. In all honesty, these threads are shit because instead of wasting your time discussing the impossible, you should probably be wondering about why the fundamentals of the impossible are not yet achieved. Spend your time thinking about better energy sources or ways to viably contain that much heat, etc. etc.
>>
>>8921603
there are devices, called penis pumps or something
>>
>>8921742

read this thread.

>>8922057
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.