[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/! Can you give me some arguements for the use of advanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: κατάλογος.jpg (12KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
κατάλογος.jpg
12KB, 287x176px
Hello /sci/!
Can you give me some arguements for the use of advanced mathematics,chemistry and physics in our everyday lives?
>>
>>8919133
>advanced mathematics
cryptography
>>
Nope. Gotta keep our wages high, so keep the normies from knowing our craft.
>>
>>8919138
>high
They are not high. They are at above poverty level. And we better keep it there because if we get to poverty level then fuck mathematics, I'll be a stripper.
>>
They are all interdependent. The search for knowledge will continue for as long as man governs the earth. Chemistry and physics are the studies of nature, and mathematics is a far more precise and clear language to model natural phenomena than any human language, because it follows the same kind of principle that nature does (however strange that is), logic. One field of research might inspire another one, which might produce an effect previously unobserved, which might lead to novel technology to improve or enrich our lifes.

Mathematics today is seemingly of little use because it has been studied so well for the past 2000, particularly the past 300 years.

However, without the mathematical concepts of system theory, control theory, signal theory or quantum theory, most of our machines, electronics and communication would be very unreliable and incredibly expensive. Take fiber technology for example, which provides Hd quality video only through efficient electrooptical design coupled with advanced communication and modulation processes that are only understood because of a mathematical theory developed nearly 200 years ago, Fourier analysis.
>>
>>8919133

Robotics, control systems in factories, designing pharmaceuticals.
>>
>>8919133
That phone (software and hardware) they have in their hand would be impossible to use without those fields.
>>
>>8919133
nigga literally everything, you don't do it personally (like you could anyway) but every bit of tech you use, every piece of infrastructure is heavy in all of those fields and more. You run a wide range of mathematics everytime you use any digital tech too.
>>
>>8919133
Our every day lives are entirely dictated by mathematical relationships between physical objects made of chemicals.
>>
>everyday lives

iono you're on a computer everyday, that involves /sci/ence

>iono if I would call it a life though
>>
>>8919133
Your cell phone
>>
>>8919133
>Can you give me some arguements for the use of advanced mathematics,chemistry and physics in our everyday lives?
What does that even mean? Do you want arguments why mathematics is relevant?

Nearly everything you see around you is based in some way or another on mathematics.

You cant build a house without mathematics, you cant build a car or a plane or even a computer without mathematics.

And the more complex thing get the more mathematics you need. Designing an aircraft is mostly about simlutions which involve the numerical solving of a giant systems of PDEs, or similar finite elements methods, which heavily rely on very modern mathematics.
Especially numerics but also functional analysis and related topics.

Finding something man made completely unrelated to mathematics is extremely hard. And finding something more complex then a small hut that is build without mathematics is probably impossible.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.