[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are detox/cleansing diets legit? Sounds like a good idea to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2237.jpg (100KB, 960x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2237.jpg
100KB, 960x529px
Are detox/cleansing diets legit?

Sounds like a good idea to me but a little pricey.
>>
>>8917809
>toxins
>impurities
>fat is created...

:(
>>
>>8917809
Fat is not for toxin protection, its pure bullshit
>>
>>8917809
calories in, calories out is the only legitimate diet

anybody who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you bullshit
>>
>>8917809
Dietary needs are not science or math. All dietary subjects are merely somewhat complicated broscience. Each individual has different dietary needs.
>>
>>8917809
Go on /fit/ and read the sticky. Harsh's guide and 'stick-to-it-ness' is all you need to lose weight.
>>
>>8917809
Picture is a bit misleading but I meant to post eating nothing but raw veggies and fruits with water for a few days is claimed to detoxify your body of toxins.
>>
>>8917820
how do we even determine a calorie and arent there many factors in how somebody digests something? (ex 65% of population lactose intolerant) couldnt having different levels of certain enzymes change how many calories you get from a food?
>>
>>8917850
that stuff is meaningless when most fatties just constantly cram food into their mouths and think they are still on a diet
>>
>>8917820

I'm trying to write a diet book that involves this but so far it only says, "Calories out must be more than calories in. t. Dr. Anders"
>>
>>8917857
try using less common sense and more sciency sounding bullshit
>>
>>8917861

"CICO YOLO Dogtor of Medical Sins ANDERS"
>>
>>8917861

Le FIFO biologique
>>
>>8917809
Detox/cleansing diets are pseudoscience bullshit. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, and maintain some form of physical activity that gets your heart pumping blood. It's that fucking easy. Many detox diets can actually impede your body from functioning properly e.g, only drinking lemon water for 3 days to 'remove toxins.'

To illustrate how dangerous fad detox diets are: there is health foods store near my workplace that offers a juice cleanse diet for 30 days. You pay like 30 bucks a day for different juice. That's all you drink, 2L of juice per day. A couple of the side effects are nausea, fatigue, headaches, dizziness and the occasional fever. This isn't because your body is cleansing itself from the nasty toxins, it's actually because your body is under an immense amount of stress because it cannot function optimally. Your head will hurt because your brain will not get enough glucose. You will get fevers because your body does not have enough energy to maintain a good immune system. You will feel dizzy and fatigued due to lack of energy for your organs.

TL;DR: Eat healthy and go to the gym 3 days a week. That's all you need.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.