[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all know that our genes define us, but how can genes code

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Gene.jpg (48KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Gene.jpg
48KB, 700x466px
So we all know that our genes define us, but how can genes code something as abstract and complex as the human psysche?

What's the cause for our differences in personality,intelligence,tastes,.. ?
>>
>>8915271
That's the most vague shit I've ever heard. Try again
>>
>>8915271
They don't it's our experience that builds our psy
>>
>>8915288
I refuse to believe that you're that ignorant, anon
>>8915308
2 twins that grow up under the same roof will still have distinct personalities,intellectual capabilities, preferences etc. How are those programmed/created?
>>
>>8915318
And twins separated at birth tend to lead similar lives. I'm reminded of those firefighters from the 90's. Even their wives looked similar, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>8915318
the way that nerves are interconnected and signal to each other are not pre-determined. there can be any multitude of the ways that brains work, regardless of the genes that provide the proteins to construct them. now, there is likely some genetic component to how the mind works (mental illness, high IQ etc) but it is impossible for something as intricate and complex as the human nervous system to function and develop the exact same way each time.
>>
>>8915324
They obviously have some similarities as they're twins, but they're not identical whatsoever.
>>8915331
I've only taken a basic anatomy&fysiology class but it's always been implied to me that nerves are wired with a sole and specific purpose so we can properly function.

It still seems strange to me that some cranial nerves that have the ability of being "connected differently" are somehow capable to create every miniscule nudge of your personality. How can simple nerve impulses affect the way you think and feel? It's this abstract concept that interests me.

I'm not questioning the intergrity of your explanation, but could you go into a little more detail? Or direct me to some good informational sources?
>>
Early experience can account for that great diversity. It molds us in ways we are only beginning to understand.
>>
>>8915318
It's not one or the other. The combination of these factors allows for greater variation than just one of them would.
>>
>>8915271

The human psyche is an emergent phenomenon from chemistry. There is this biological structure called the Brain, check it out.
>>
>>8915399
Gee anon you are so smart, bringing the sass with that intellectual observation! /s

Please stop wasting space writing obvious shit that even the most heavily impaired of preschoolers know about. OP wants to know more about the underlying mechanisms, where everything gets more abstract.
>>
To put it shortly: dna codes for the creation of proteins and enzymes that can either inhibit or improve intellectual capacity based on what sequences are inherited. However there is also a major environmental component to the generation of the psyche. The combination of many different proteins and environmental factors makes it difficult to determine how and why consciousness and intelligence has evolved the way it has.

We have rudimentary understandings and ambiguous notions for the most part, however neurological sciences have been advancing rapidly in recent decades.
>>
Differences in DNA instructions or environmental conditions that affect protein concentrations with the right function at the right time in the right location.
>>
>genes define us

enviornment has just as big of a role
>>
>>8915373
The fuck do you consider identical? You want them to shit at the same time? Of course they will act slightly different if their environment is different
>>
>how can genes code something as abstract and complex as the human psyche?
Exactly how it codes proteins and regulatory RNA
>what's the cause for our differences in personality ,intelligence, tastes...?
Order coded, frequency coded, and frequency of those interactions. Basic genetics and epigenetics influenced by environmental factors.
Exact mechanisms are about as far from being understood as intergalactic travel.
>>
>>8915271
>he's a Darwinist
Laughinggrills.jpg
The devolpment of cognition is experiential.
Think of the mind has a computer, genes are the hardware and experience codes the OS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.