[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These guys are rule-breakers and unorthodox in their approach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sealss.jpg (105KB, 771x308px) Image search: [Google]
sealss.jpg
105KB, 771x308px
These guys are rule-breakers and unorthodox in their approach to excellence, with undeniable results. I've once seen one say, "We're experts in becoming experts." Can /sci/ recommend any meta books that might sum up that quote, what might be useful in self study and learning of /sci/ related subjects?
>>
but anon, they're fucking morons. basically super athletes of the military world.
>>
>>8914656
Being expert in being an expert is pretty much the same thing has having a high general fluid intelligence which I.Q. is an approximate of.
>>
>>8914674
I don't think this thread belongs here, but you're wrong.
>>
Study math.

Congratulations you now have no useful skills, but can obtain proficiency in every kind of arbitrary bullshit you choose to in a short time.

I wish I was joking.

t. math grad
>>
>>8914674
you do know most of them speak 3 or 4 languages?
>>
>>8914700
welcome to Murica, where speaking <=2 languages is the norm.
>>
>>8914700

They're very well trained dogs, I'll give you that.
>>
File: d63.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
d63.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>8914700
>3 or 4 languages

green berets is the only sf unit with language requirements, and the only unit allowed to make autonomous decisions in the field

>experts on being experts

my sides
>>
I'd say a good general rule to success is never accept the status quo until you've personally become convinced that it's valid. Don't be a cog in the system either, play by your own rules.

>>8914748
yeah and what do you do other than jack off your ego on science forum, fag?
>>
>>8914812

>yeah and what do you do other than jack off your ego on science forum, fag?

I design power plants.
>>
>>8914656

Learn to solve problems without solving them.
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics#Problem_Solving_and_Heuristics
>>
>>8914809
Military is all about chain of command. To say seals cannot make decisions within theirs is disingenious.

And its experts on becoming experts not experts on being experts. Its relevamt because their approach is valuable to look into. Learning languages and practicing mma while deployed to an active war zone is impressive just not to someone like you who is obviosly a more capable human being.
>>
>>8914812

>>8914827
btfo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.