[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you put your coin on any number of your choice on this roulette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: roulette-wheel .jpg (502KB, 1496x1498px) Image search: [Google]
roulette-wheel .jpg
502KB, 1496x1498px
So you put your coin on any number of your choice on this roulette wheel.
>After betting (again, a-f-t-e-r betting) you have 1 chance out of 36 to win singles, right?
>Let's ignore the green '0' in this scenario.
>Half a minute earlier when you came up to the table, you had to make a choice, this number, that number, or this here number out of the 36.
>One number out of 36 to choose, and one chance out of 36 that your number comes up.
>So from that exact moment half a minute ago when you d-e-c-i-d-e-d for your number, did you have.....
>1 chance out of 36 times 36 = 1 chance out of 1296 possibilities to win,....
>or did you have just 1 chance out of 36???
>Again, this is at the exact time when you d-e-c-i-d-e to play, before you even placed your bet.
This is no trick-question, I just can't find an answer that is better than the other. Does /sci/ know?
.... So, help, or something.
>>
Before you bet, you had no chance of winning, as you have not placed a bet, you fucking moron.
>>
>>8914572
50/50
>>
>>8914578

So you just decided to be a dick, huh?
>>
>>8914572
i can't even follow your train of thought. either improve your english or explain yourself properly without using meme arrows
>>
>>8914581
It's 2/3rds, brainlet
>>
>>8914572
A team of the world's top cryptologists couldn't figure out what in the shit-flinging fuck you're trying to ask here.
>>
>>8914608
>>8914796

Seems that /sci/ is even dumber than /b/.
>>
>>8914578
/Sci/ houses the worst shitposters on 4chan. Its not even clever bantz.
>>
>>8914578
>>8914608
>>8914796
>If I don't underetand it directly I'll just shitpost
Yes it's a little convulted but if you can't understand OP you are wither mentally lazy fucks or you lack the reading comprehension to understand any above middle school tier question.
I mean if you see an equation and don't understand it directly do you just go off and do something else? Fucking brainlets.

OP the probabiluty of winning singles is 1/36 because after you chose there are 36 options out of which 1 wins.
What happens before doesn't matter. You could have choseb a different number but then there is still one out of 36 options from that point on to win.
However you could be asking for the probability not only to win, but to win with the number X. You could say your choice for the number is just random so before you make your choice the probability that you will win AND have betted on the nunber X to get that win is 1/36 * 1/36 (36 numbers that you could have chosen out of which one is X, and then that X also needs to be "chosen" by the ball).
Hoped that cleared it up.
>>
>>8915068
That's not what I was asking.
>>
>>8915145

then reverse your thinking and focus on the potential loss

before you bet, you have one coin and a chance 1:1 to keep it if you will decide not to bet it

after you make the decision to bet, your chance of losing the coin is 35:36
>>
There are 36*36=1296 possible outcomes.
36 of them are you winning (you can win with any number). If you choose the number at random and the roulette table is fair, you have a 1296/36 = 1/36 chance of winning.
>>
>>8915223
shit obviously that should be 36/1296
>>
>>8915223
>>8915230

This one seems legit, I guess I'll have to believe on this.
>>
>>8915619
>>8915223
Whybthebfuck is it 36*36
>>
>>8915619
>>8915145
fuck off OP that's exactly what you were asking about
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.