[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuine thoughts on hard(ish) sci-fi like Arthur Charles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ArthurCClarkepadbayset.jpg (365KB, 1024x689px) Image search: [Google]
ArthurCClarkepadbayset.jpg
365KB, 1024x689px
Genuine thoughts on hard(ish) sci-fi like Arthur Charles Clark or Issac Asimov?
>>
>>8914530
lol that faggot asimov died of aids because he was a homosexual
>>
>>8914530
I liked Foundation.
I don't know how that's hard sci-fi though.
>>
>>8914530
Childhood's end by clarke was excellent and that's really where he shines, but I hesitate to call it "hard" scifi. 2001: a Space odyssey was mostly just sagan's "pale blue dot" repackaged as a novel, and they get progressively worse with each installment. Rendezvous with rama was interesting but I never read past the first one.

Asimov I remember hearing somewhere was actually an engineer so may have a few more insights worthy of being called "hard" scifi but I only read the first "foundation" novel and all I remember was that since every chapter 50 years passed, you could never get attached to any characters and it lost my attention. Sorry I can't be more help.
>>
>>8914540
lmaooooo
>>
>>8914545
>>8914543
Foundation is my favorite book saga but it's not much of a sciency sci-fi. It's more of a fictional history book with some character thrown into the mix.

Is there any good hard sci-fi you know of?
What did you think about martian for example?
>>
>>8914545
> Rendezvous with rama was interesting but I never read past the first one.
And you did right because there is only one.
The sequels are mostly gentry lee's work, and believe me when I say you don't want to read any of him.
>>
>>8914530
Is Isaac Arthur illegitimate child of those two men?
>>
>>8914530
I like Asimov's first book in the Foundation trilogy. The other are meh. This series is also more of a space opear than hard sci-fi.
>>
>>8914543
Psychohistory = the emerging field of memetics.

Fite me
>>
>>8914781
I always pictured it as sociology on crack.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.