[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please vette this for me /sci/... I don't know matrix math,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

please vette this for me /sci/... I don't know matrix math, but this seems not correct, animooted.
>>
>>8907378
it is correct tho
>>
There's no point in knowing how to do this because computers are the only things that do these calculations in practice. Matrices aren't even used in real math.
>>
>>8907407
t. faggot who has never taken an upper division math class
numerical matrix multiplication is only the very last fucking step, after you've already solved the problem and you're plugging in the specific initial conditions into your solution. You'll fucking NEVER get to that point if you don't know how the basic operations work.
If people didn't bother learning this stuff you can throw out 99.9999% of modern physics, astronomy, economics, etc
>>
>>8907407
>Matrices aren't even used in real math.
kys
>>
it is correct mxn matrix multiplied with nxp matrix equal mxp matrix
>>
>>8907378

What is B*A? It's the matrix that first multiples a vector by A and then by B.

What is matrix A? It is the representation of what A does to the first dimension of a vector in the first column, what A does to the second dimension of a vector in the second column, and so on.

How to find the matrix B*A? First take the first column of A (which is where A sends first dimension of a vector) and multiple it by B. Now you know where B*A take the first dimension of a vector and this is the first column of B*A. Repeat with the 2nd column of A to find the 2nd column of B*A and so on for each column.
>>
>>8907378
Yeah, the gif looks correct to me.

But I do wish they would show the right matrix being multiplied just one column at a time. Doing both columns simultaneously makes it a lot harder to follow what's going on.

Also, the animation would be better if it was slowed down by a factor of about 2 or 3.
>>
File: C1vkzQEXUAAtwTo[1].jpg (57KB, 592x736px) Image search: [Google]
C1vkzQEXUAAtwTo[1].jpg
57KB, 592x736px
>>8907378
>vette
>>
File: 1417847476887.gif (1000KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1417847476887.gif
1000KB, 480x270px
>>8907407
>Matrices aren't even used in real math.
Engiqueers actually believe this
>>
>>8907407
kek
>>
>>8907378
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2015/visualizing-matrix-multiplication-as-a-linear-combination/

>>8907407
computers more likely to do the convolution as a matrix multiplication
>>
>>8907407

L M A O

t. brainlet who never took basic linear algebra of ODE's
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.