[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate myself for asking, but can one of you nerds please explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1443.png (200KB, 1634x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1443.png
200KB, 1634x534px
Mathematicaly, if possible.
>>
>>8900088
fuckin google it brainlet

l2 fucking circles
>>
>>8900088
V=d/t

Same t, larger d, so larger v
>>
Angular velocity is different from velocity.
>>
>>8900105
But that doesn't make sense! How is one point going faster if it's still connected to the other?
>>
>>8900110
thus
>>
>>8900136
Hold a pen by the tip and swing it back and forth. Notice that the point you grip barely moves at all, but the other end moves fast.

This is just what rotation is. When an object rotates, some parts move faster than other parts
>>
>>8900110
thusly
>>
>>8900148
Hey! Congratulations, you can tell somebody you taught someone a thing today!

Coincidentally, I had to envision abGreek gladiator spinning a boulder attached to the end of a long rope to understand the conscept, but that's probably indicative of why I didn't get it in the first place. Thank you.
>>
>>8900173
It's common sense and I'm not trying to be an ass. You haven't learnt properly because your confusion came from just naively taking the equation v=d/t. If you are interesting open a mechanics textbook and go to rotational motion. Idk what's your backround so either HS or ubdergrad
>>
>>8900088
same angular velocities, different lengths.

more length -> more velocity

have you taken an elementary mechanics course? this website is for adults.
>>
>>8900088
>can't imagine two objects rotating on a disk
how does it feel to be a brainlet, OP?
>>
File: 1491559947544.gif (1008KB, 280x203px) Image search: [Google]
1491559947544.gif
1008KB, 280x203px
>>8900088
The car on the outer edge of the turn has to go faster to clear it in the same time as the car on the inner edge.

Struggling with shit like this is something I would expect from an actual child, not even a teen, just a brat who hasn't learned to communicate properly yet.
>>
>>8900088
The "groove" (the humps and bumps) of the record is tighter (the humps and bumps are closer together) as you get closer to the center of the record.

In other words, the linear information density is larger at the center of the record than at its extremities.
>>
File: 1493063818679.gif (3MB, 435x316px) Image search: [Google]
1493063818679.gif
3MB, 435x316px
>>8901101
>>
Its called rotation. Also known as spinning around. Trippy isnt it?
>>
>>8900159
thus'tly
>>
>>8902059
Are we on reddit?

Do I make a pun now?

Are we talking about circles? Woah! You couldn't have picked less edgy topic!
>>
But steels heavier than feathers.
>>
>>8900173
>AbGreek
The new android keyboard is out of control.
>>
Do vinyl record heads move at constant linear or at constant angular velocity?
>>
cause the atoms on the inside have a higher angular velocity with a lower tangential speed and the atoms on the outside have a lower angular velocity and higher tangential speed

or something i think
>>
>>8902059
thus'av'wouldl'moreover
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.