[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religious fundamentalists who still appeal to scientific rat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Wisconsin-Jelly-Fish.jpg (280KB, 700x418px) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin-Jelly-Fish.jpg
280KB, 700x418px
Religious fundamentalists who still appeal to scientific rationale are the fucking worst.
https://answersingenesis.org/kids/fossils/kids-feedback-how-do-jellyfish-fossilize/
I thought this was written by an actual geologist, until they started talking about "The Flood" all of a sudden.
This sort of fantasy masquerading as science to gain an air of legitimacy makes me very uncomfortable. Especially since it's ostensibly supposed to be educating kids. What if this kid actually wants to be a paleontologist and winds up going to a university thinking that Noah's Flood was a major geological event? It's fucking lunacy.
Why do we allow people like this to breed?
>>
>>8899634
Often times things like answers in genesis just take some article written by a real geologist and strawman/misinterpret the fuck out of it to get what they want OR they just quote a "geologist" that happens to agree with their bullshit and they publish only the things they like.

>what if a paleontologist does this at a uni
he'd get thrown out for being a retard.
>>
>>8899634
>Religious fundamentalists

Stop overgeneralizing. Call them Protties.

>Noah's Flood was a major geological event

It was, just in the Persian Gulf.
>>
>>8899654
how the hell would you 'strawman' in a non debating context?
>>
>>8899665
>persian gulf
you mean Black Sea, right?
>>
>>8899634
>What if this kid actually wants to be a paleontologist and winds up going to a university thinking that Noah's Flood was a major geological event? It's fucking lunacy.
You're retarded.
>>
>>8899634
Feel free to explain the fossilization of jelly fish over millions of years, dude.

>>8899665
Covered all the mountains on earth, and remained over all of them for months.

Do you know how water works? No?
>>
>>8899634
Any geologist who does not know the world is covered in sedimentary rock from a global flood isn't worth listening to.
>>
>>8899743
>Feel free to explain the fossilization of jelly fish over millions of years, dude.
Events where lots of sediment gets laid down at once don't require a global flood to be explained. It's rare that you get soft bodied organisms like jellyfish preserved, but it does happen and there are usually better explanations than The Great Flood.
The specimens that kid was asking about were thought to have been deposited in a freak tide or storm.
>>
Actual geologist here. Some of my classmates in college would have scared you shitless. There's a lot of somewhat intelligent people who go through the motions of learning in order to get a degree at the other side and spout the type of nonsense you just posted.

This is why you never, ever, ever take the word of a single scientist. Instead look for the opinions of scientific organizations where the individual opinions of one contrarian is washed out
>>
File: burgess_shale_worm.jpg (104KB, 660x472px) Image search: [Google]
burgess_shale_worm.jpg
104KB, 660x472px
>>8899743
anaerobic conditons + low temperature - scavengers = rare soft tissue fossil
>>
>>8899819
I know a guy who's doing his phd thesis on these guys. Cool stuff.
>>8899818
That's p. disturbing. I mean, you hear about these sorts of people on the internet, but actually meeting them irl would be weird.
>>
>>8899819
No reason to conclude anaerobic conditions based on OP's pick, or low temp for that matter, much less a lack of scanvengers. Fast fossilization is a perfectly reasonable explanation, just because you think it argues in favour of the biblical timeline (which it well might) doesn't mean that it isn't a valid method of fossilization. Just sayin'

>>8899811
>events where lots of sediment gets laid down at once don't require a global flood to be explained
And yet floods do lay down lots of sediment.
>>
>>8899993
>And yet floods do lay down lots of sediment.
That they do. But jumping from "maybe a local flood did this" to "ah, the whole Earth was clearly underwater at this time and only a human carrying two of every land animal on the on the planet at the time survived" is a bit of a leap.
>>
>>8899685

Persian Gulf fits better than the Black Sea to be the flood recorded in Noah and Gilgamesh.
>>
>>8900011
lel. sure, but the evidence for past cataclysms and monumental if not outright global flooding is locked down by now, unless you are some diehard fedora-bible denier, which is just plain retarded.
>>
>>8900043
source, I've never heard of this
>>
>>8900048
look up cataclysms in Earth's recent history. You'll have to dig around because the atheist scientific establishment has done their best to bury all of this work, without properly addressing the evidence. It is better if you do all of the hard graft research yourself and come to our conclusions that way you might actually have to use your brain instead of just parrotting everything you read on wikipedia like a good little fedora.
>>
File: 1484987436560.jpg (205KB, 1500x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1484987436560.jpg
205KB, 1500x1281px
>>8900111
>you'll have to dig around
>doesn't source his claims

Lol, I'm a christian and you sound like a moron, how do you think just waving your "lol google it, I promise" wand looks to everyone?

Just calling people fedoras isn't really the way too get people on your side, let alone leading them to Christ.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.