[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be an English/Classics major >still enjoy science and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: davidfosterwallace.jpg (34KB, 400x547px) Image search: [Google]
davidfosterwallace.jpg
34KB, 400x547px
>be an English/Classics major
>still enjoy science and math
>attend a math lecture
>every kid is cold and dissented from me
>tell my friend

Why are you guys so socially retarded and harsh towards the humanities?
Why should it matter? Why should there be a dichotomy?
>>
yeah boi check these numbers
stem sux
>>
>>8897772
Thats what a room full of thinking people looks like
>>
There tends to be an inverse relationship between intelligence and people desperate for social interaction [no matter how meaningless or shitty], go figure.
>>
>people didnt major in physics so they're retarded and simply not smart haha xP
>what? no they cant learn it own their own
>>
File: 4.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>8897772
>paying thousands of dollars to study other people's opinions rather than provable contemporary logic
>>
>>8897817
So because someone wants to learn more about something, it's a bad thing?

Okay. . .? I don't think that's how it works, sweetie
>>
>>8897772
probably because they could smell the rancid aroma of humanities PIGGOT emanating from you. the fact that you even try to learn that crap is proof that you are dumb and will never understand math. You probably interrupted the professor to ask a question that was completely meaningless
>>
>>8897831
Bait aside for a moment:

I seriosuly don't understand why STEM kids are so shit.
I love to learn, and I would imagine some STEM kids do too, but mostof you (especially this board for high schoolers) insist that somehow specialzing in one field is enough to justify you're better.

Why is it that, whenever someone studies something that isn't math, STEM kids cry?

I Guarantee I'm better than everyone on this board at this moment.
>>
>>8897836
if you were any good at math you'd be wasting your talent with your meme studies. But then if you had any talent you also wouldn't be doing that because you'd realize it's WORTHLESS
>>
File: 1494294743600.jpg (263KB, 615x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1494294743600.jpg
263KB, 615x1012px
>>8897836
because if youre studying humanities youre either wasting your potential or you don't have any potential.
>>
>>8897817
Provable doesn't mean more interesting. People have different interests, and it is totally reasonable to be more into less rigorous subjects like history, philosophy, literature, etc. than rigorous mathematics. Just don't expect a high salary.
>>
File: IMG_20170509_125848_410.gif (978KB, 154x154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170509_125848_410.gif
978KB, 154x154px
>>8897820
>sweetie
I agreed with you until that word hit. Now your opinion means nothing.
Nuthin personnel, kid.
>>
>>8897836
>complains about STEM superiority
>claims superiority

nice bait hombre
>>
File: 1402087054251.jpg (82KB, 775x387px) Image search: [Google]
1402087054251.jpg
82KB, 775x387px
>>8897772
>>
>>8897772
The reason is that the people who are studying math are studying it purely for the fun of it.
They are in university because they want to learn math, not because they want to make lots of money (they could have picked engineering or CS for that) or because they crave social interaction.
They simply don't care about you, they probably didn't even notice you or even that you studied something else.

I have been in both mathematics, engineering and CS lectures (of similar size), before the CS or engineering it always was really loud and students were randomly chatting, the math lectures where a lot more quite and nearly all of the discussions were about Mathematics.
>>
>>8897772
>Socially retarded
I can't speak for everyone here, but in my experience it's you guys who match that description.
>Harsh toward the humanities
Because you have hard opinions you can't defend on things you don't understand, and all I ask of people is that they be willing to examine their ideas.
>Why should it matter?
You're the one making it matter. You could just be willing to examine your ideas but for some reason you don't allow yourself to function outside of unfalsifiability.
>Why should there be a dichotomy?
Because storytime isn't important and the more you try to make it seem so, the more of an asshole you reveal yourself to be.
>>
>>8897772
Autism. STEMfags love to dickwave about their major being hard and useful.
>>
In my experience STEM students are just as social as the rest. There are a bunch of skinny introverted nerds always sitting on the front row, but in general STEM students are just as social as the rest.
>>
>>8897906
Wow, how retarded can you be? You literally know nothing about arts don't you? This is why I hate everyone in my CS course and all my friends are in non socially retarded majors like business.
>>
>>8898677
its bait moron. Lurk before posting
>>
>>8897772
Generally, the definition of sociable means being a binge drinking douchebag in college. I don't have time for that. I look down on humanities because I can take upper division humanities classes, not show up to class, write any liberal white guilt sjw trash paper and take a 2 hour final in 12 minutes and still score better than 95% of the class. When you guys complain how hard it is.
>>
>>8897772

>Why are you guys so socially retarded and harsh towards the humanities?

People tend to perceive things through forms of competition. Also utilitarianism is really in.

>Why should it matter? Why should there be a dichotomy?

It shouldn't.
>>
>>8898784
I never said being sociable is to be a fedora

I bet you vape and wear new balances
>>
>>8897793

This.
>>
>>8897817

Actually the problem is that the humanities suck because they have no rigor. So the humanities desperately need rigor, but then all of the people who need rigor in a subject to find it tolerable don't go into the humanities, so the humanities gets shafted with all of the people who are okay with things being non-rigorous.
>>
>>8897836
A future being a code monkey makes people bitter.
>>
I hate STEM kids too. If anyone was smart, it was the history, English, and philosophy majors. They were humble yet knowledgeable

Apparently it's "cool" to be a slave to one field of study and work for corporations making a 2 inch piece to a car door

only people I will ever respect that go into STEM are those who either went for the sake of their own extra education and are older than 30 or those who plan to go into academia.
Literally die if you're not either of those

I've also found that stem fags are easily triggered by asians. All asians are already at the American graduate level of math in high school. They find ways to compensate for this by resorting to ad hominems and "im quiet and smart xD"
>>
>>8897772
Those STEM kids you met probably just didn't know how to talk to you without making you feel stupid. Hardest part of interacting with non STEM majors is learning how to dumb things down to Average Joe level without letting on that you're dumbing it down.
>>
>>8899494
>they didn't take my exact courses so they are automatically stupid

You're fucking retarded and the reason why nobody ever takes a liking towards STEM kids. I know up to calc II and I'll stop there because I have intentions on applying it to my life.
Sorry i didn't go to college to get a paper that will let me work for Mr. Goldensteins company ;)

Every stem fag is so robotic. Fuck you.

But shoutout to biology, zoology, aggricutural science, and biochem students. You guys are cool
>>
>>8897793
what about feynman, von neumann?
i guess it has more to do with EIQ of people which might be low in OP's case
>>
>>8899502
do you see what the title of this board is? if you want to circle jerk about humanities go to \his\
>>
op is an incompetent faggot is what i determine after reading his posts
/thread
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.