[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /sci/, I'm watching my engineering school classmates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: madengineer.png (23KB, 611x454px) Image search: [Google]
madengineer.png
23KB, 611x454px
Hey /sci/,

I'm watching my engineering school classmates high-five each other over how they're totally "scientists" too.

What's a good counterargument to that?

I hate to see yet another group of engineers start down the slippery slope of thinking their expertise is general rather than specific.
>>
>>8897369
Generally speaking I'm gonna put my dick in your ASS FAGGOT
>>
In the real world they work together and respect each other's talents. And the engineer fucks the scientist's wife after taking her out to dinner in his Mercedes S65 AMG
>>
Also consider this:
PhD engineer
>conducts research
>hired with job title "Research Scientist"
>knows fuckload of specific physics in his field
>performs work using math and scientific method

>BS in chemistry
>literally uses lookup tables

B-but the first guy has engineer in his name he-he's not a SCIENTIST LIKE ME

kys autists

P.S. even if the PhD engineer doesn't get called a scientist he has more than enough money to make himself feel better that a bunch of broke cucks think he isn't (((cool)))
>>
>>8897369
Fuck you. I'm a mechanical engineer, but I publish in chemistry journals.

The world's getting too interdisciplinary for this shit.
>>
>>8897408
Oh yeah forgot to mention engineers publish in science journals and physicists still have to engineer shit like laser systems and design electronics and generally do the exact same shit for less money and expendable employment

/sci/ B T F O
>>
>>8897369
Bachelors in Science, Civil Engineering. I is scientist, cry harder, your tears are delicious.
>>
>>8897521
Anthropology is also a science.
>>
>>8897567
So's biology apparently lmao

spoiler: chemistry is the biology of physics and physics is the stamp collecting of math
>>
>>8897408
you can be a scientist and an engineer, but if you're just an engineer then you're just an engineer
>>
>>8897521

A BSCE is no scientist. You apply cookie-cutter solutions to problems and are 20 years away from being automated onto the unemployment line.

Source: I'm one too.
>>
>>8897692
To be frank: no one with a bachelors is a scientist
>>
>>8897692
nah man, a PE with a license is required to do anything, build anything. Get that license and you're set because the law has made your job impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>8897962
I for one would be ok being unemployed if the world has gotten to the point where we have robots doing every job all the way to construction
>>
File: charlesbabbage.png (531KB, 525x523px) Image search: [Google]
charlesbabbage.png
531KB, 525x523px
>>8897369
We use science to further our exploration into improving the physical existence of humankind. We are interdisciplinary; without us, scientists would have no tools to study. Without scientists, we would not know how to forge those tools and to properly make use of them.
>>
>>8897983
since I'm not the one who is going to own those robots I have no assurances that I won't be left to starve. I'll take the license and fight to keep my legal bullshit justification for getting paid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.