[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get an IQ thread going. What's your IQ? Wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 44

File: IQ test score.jpg (92KB, 878x629px) Image search: [Google]
IQ test score.jpg
92KB, 878x629px
Let's get an IQ thread going.

What's your IQ?

What are you majoring in?

What is your current GPA?

What is your gender and race/ethnicity?

---

RESOURCES

Raven's Matrices test (the best on the internet):

iqtest.dk

Wonderlic test:

http://wonderlictestsample.com/wonderlic-test-sample/50-question-wonderlic-test/

Wonderlic-to-IQ conversion table:

https://www.us.mensa.org/join/testing/scoreevaluation/testscoreconversion/

Mensa Workout (be sure to self-time):

https://www.mensa.org/workout/quiz/1

Repeating any of these tests lowers their score validity, so try to do your best the first time through. Once you're done with the Raven's Matrices, Wonderlic, and Mensa Workout, calculate your average score to get a reasonable approximation of your IQ.
>>
>tfw IQ dropped from 134 to 122 in past year due to adderall usage
>tfw did same iq test both times so if anything should have got a higher score the second time
>>
>>8895399
Which test was it, and has the IQ drop affected your personal life?
>>
>>8895402
iqtest.dk
>>
>>8895417
It's possible you got lucky/overperformed the first time and got unlucky/underperformed the second. A 12-point difference is significant, even after an Adderall binge.
>>
>on the test you gave i got above 145
>4.0
>premed and forensic science
>white female
>>
File: dz08a.jpg (347KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dz08a.jpg
347KB, 1200x1600px
>come to /sci/ to see people talking about math and sciences
>IQ thread

This places likes to shit on reddit a lot but at least places like /r/math discuss mathematics instead of IQ.

inb4 butt hurt iq brainlet.
>>
>>8895420
>even after an Adderall binge.
are you implying addy reduces iq?
>>
took another test years ago and scored a 140. did the ones in this thread, scored a 122. lol

still think it should be 90
>>
>>8895512
What was your score spread?
>>
>>8895396
Faggot
>>
>>8895532
I don't know.. I guess I could fit at 120, the other 140 was before I smoke weed, so I guess it is gone now
>>
>>8895399
21 been on adderall since I was 6.
My iq was 139 when I was 8 and I took an online test awhile back, 135
Recently found out I probably don't even have ADHD, just a schitzotype
>>
I'm a junior in an EE program with a 3.87 GPA and have never had difficulties. Ive never taken an iq test. I got 110. Wtf, man, I'm a brainlet.
>>
>>8895562
do u study a shit ton or something? how hard is the advanced math? are you creative when it comes to problem solving? respect dude
>>
>>8895562
How is 110 bad? That's above average.
>>
>>8895396
>What's your IQ?
I took an IQ test in elementary school and I got a 132.

>What are you majoring in?
Chemical engineering.

>What is your current GPA?

>What is your gender and race/ethnicity?
Male, white.
>>
>>8895574
I study about 2 hours a day. I've never taken high levels maths (have taken calc 1-3, discrete, diffEq, linear algebra, and complex analysis), so I can't really say if I'd have difficulty with it, but I find the EE curriculum tolerable.
>>
>>8895601
Yeah, brainlets average.. I get fucking 136 easily on these tests, and I'm not even considered that intelligent in my top-tier college.
>>
>>8895610
>t. brainlet
>>
Would it be stupid to go into physics if my IQ fluctuates around 128-140 (I'm 18 trying to decide a major)
>>
>>8895624
It literally doesn't matter at all.
>>
File: tumblr_nu8dfxKSHi1rqacixo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu8dfxKSHi1rqacixo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x506px
112 but idgaf I make a six figure salary
>>
>>8895627
>horsepower doesn't matter

Do you really believe this?

https://my.vanderbilt.edu/smpy/files/2013/01/DoingPsychScience2006.pdf
>>
>>8895630
>read this 30 page article that proves my vague point

This is why people who care about IQs are idiots.
>>
File: SMPY Odds.png (365KB, 1056x796px) Image search: [Google]
SMPY Odds.png
365KB, 1056x796px
>>8895639
I know you're probably trolling, but people here believe this so I'll post a helpful image as well.
>>
>>8895627
>>8895639
Kind of what I imagined too. I always thought you can pretty much do anything you put your mind to. I feel no limit in my capacity to structure and learn new concepts so I'm sure I'll do fine, since I plan on going as far as possible.
>>
The only thing IQ has done for the average person is give them a quick self esteem boost that their number is such and such. It's a good way for idiots to make themselves feel better, and online IQ tests are not accurate but for some reason they keep being posted here as the end all be all.
>>
>>8895624
I'm 21 and I just got 122 I get HD's in my physics classes and am second year you'll be fine.
>>
>>8895683
>online IQ tests are not accurate

The three posted are extracts from actual IQ tests. The Wonderlic in particular is an excellent gauge of rapid-fire reasoning ability, which is why Mensa in some countries offers a Wonderlic prior to the official test (if you pass the Wonderlic, you get acceptance even if you don't pass the regular test).

People just wince at the idea that the ability to think is as measurable as any other ability.
>>
File: SAT-M.png (64KB, 757x733px) Image search: [Google]
SAT-M.png
64KB, 757x733px
>>8895685
Stop lying to make people feel better. It's cruel and dangerous to give false hope.

Pic related. This graph displays upper bounds on probability of graduating with a physics GPA greater than 3.5 (about .5 SD above the average) at Oregon as a function of SAT-M. Note the blue markers are conservative (95 percent confidence level) upper bounds; the central value for the probability at SAT-M > 750 is around 50 percent. The upper bounds were computed to show that the probability for SAT-M below about 600 is close to zero. The red line is the probability of earning an A in calculus-based introductory physics.
>>
>>8895690
Do you have any proof that online IQ tests correspond to real IQ? It's funny that the /sci/ IQ community loves talking about papers and research but don't post one stating that your online IQ is your IQ; rather, a real psychologist will tell you that you can only be tested in real life.
>>
>>8895699
Again, those are extracts from real IQ tests--with the exception of the Wonderlic, which is a real IQ test. Yes, a full IQ test with a psychologist will give you the most reliable score of all, but psychologists are apt to overstate their role because they have a professional incentive to do so (IQ tests are pricey).

An easy way to figure out your IQ if you don't like online tests is to convert your SAT/ACT/LSAT/GRE scores to IQ scores. These tests measure g almost as well as IQ tests (.77 correlation for the ACT and .82 for the SAT versus .9 for IQ tests).
>>
File: 1490285691769.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490285691769.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>8895610
>I get fucking 136 easily on these tests, and I'm not even considered that intelligent in my top-tier college.
>>
File: 154214216.jpg (54KB, 800x606px) Image search: [Google]
154214216.jpg
54KB, 800x606px
99%ile+, tested 5 times independently by educational psychologists
nothing, i failed out of college due to depression and laziness, but it likely would have been physics or bioinformatics
we don't have GPA in europe but I had A's/A*'s
male/italian
>>
>>8895719
99%+ could be anything from 135 to 200.
>>
>>8895722
I was told the tests were standardised and inaccurate above that percentage.
The results were just indicative that my iq was very likely above the scope of the test.
Taking a guess it's probably only ~140.

I may be good at matching triangles but I'm otherwise a failure.
>>
>>8895719
we don't have letters in italy we use numbers from 0 to 30 for grades
>>
>>8895735
ethnically italian but went to college in the UK
>>
File: rip.png (16KB, 846x361px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
16KB, 846x361px
Am I the biggest retard on /sci/?
Honestly feel like killing myself.
>>
>>8895711
Curious, which of those correspond to IQ, CR or math?
>>
>>8895396
>tfw 140
>>
>>8895746
do you lurk /sci/ to seem smart?
also, you're a brainlet
>>
>>8895774
Really? I'm a brainlet? Hadn't noticed.
Seem smart to who? It's not like I'm trying to fool myself into thinking I'm smart. I already know I'm a massive brainlet.
And I browse /sci/ because I'm genuinely interested in maths and science. Not that there's much good discussion on either here.
>>
What IQ tests don't determine is your willingness to do anything with your life. A genius could sit on his lazy ass forever and accomplish nothing. Therefore, in my opinion, having volition and following through with your dreams is way more important than having a high IQ.
>>
File: 12dhypercube.gif (68KB, 390x391px) Image search: [Google]
12dhypercube.gif
68KB, 390x391px
>What's your IQ?

Physics and minor in Philosophy

Not a burger

Male Ashkenazi Jew
>>
File: 1493577933848.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493577933848.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>8895746
Not really. The test is all basic arithmetic, which you can get better at through practice. If you constantly punch numbers in calcs for basic arithmetic, you're obviously going to take a couple seconds longer, especially if you try to come to a direct answer in your head. Considering you only have about 12 mins, it's a big deal, so I wouldn't really worry about it too much. If you want a better answer, just take a real test. Until then, it's retarded overvaluing your quotient. It's retarded even after you take a real test
>>
>>8895746
Try a few other Wonderlic online. Yes the validity drops somewhat as you get used to the test, but some people find the time limit extremely stressful. Your true score could be quite a bit higher.
>>
>tfw IQ has been tested at 150 multiple times

Feels good man.
>>
>>8895792
Possibly. Taking it late at night probably wasn't a good idea. But I doubt doing the test when I wasn't mentally drained would lead to enough of an increase to get me out of brainlet territory.
>>
If you dare...

http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=3108
>>
>>8895396
Why the fuck is every board on 4chan almost just a place for people to circle jerk and mask their insecurities?

You come here and it's IQ threads, when IQ is borderline useless. You go to /fit/ and it's height or penis size threads or whatever, when height is borderline useless and woman can love you even if you don't have an 8 inch penis. You go to /pol/ and it's white threads, where people even argue about what degree of white they are, as if it makes them special master race when they are wasting time on a Mongolian horse breeding forum.

Isn't this a board about science? What the fuck does wanking about your theoretical computational ability have to do with science. It's just another thing you are either using as an excuse as to why you fail, or validation in your failures. I mean holy shit this place, as in this site in general, has become such cancer over the years.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 656x344px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 656x344px
>>8895801
>>
>>8895785
Fellow Male Ashkenazi Jew majoring in math here. Not sure of my IQ but I got 48 on the Wonderlic.
>>
I just tried the wonderlic test and got 48/50 with a minute to go, apparently that's 136.

Is this even remotely accurate? I thought I was fairly far down the brainlet tree.
>>
>>8895807
Did you actually take the time to get that score? I just picked the first answer for everything and I got 77, which wouldn't that mean this is a shit test anyway?
>>
>>8895810
I ran out of time at question 30. I can't imagine finishing with a minute to go with 96% accuracy. Fuck.
>>
>>8895815
A big part of it is just being good at quick arithmetic, which usually goes with intelligence but is also something you can train pretty easily.
>>
I'm the guy who got 48 before, I live in australia and was asked a question about nickels. I thought a nickel was 10cents so rip me. This test seems stupid the more I think about it in all honesty, had I went in to that knowing a nickels value, and focusing a small amount more I have no doubt I would have gotten a 50. I seriously doubt my iq is 136 too.
>>
File: 1494187066426.png (226KB, 880x882px) Image search: [Google]
1494187066426.png
226KB, 880x882px
>>8895805
Well, that's how people naturally operate, especially underage. They do anything to validate themselves in order to be "above average" or to feel special as if they have some innate potential to be amazing, even if they are too lazy to ever realize a small fraction of it. The mentality is practically on every board
>>
>>8895805
>You come here and it's IQ threads, when IQ is borderline useless
t. I don't know anything about cognitive psychology but I'll regurgitate my layman opinion anyway
>>
File: Pablo_Escobar_Mug.jpg (19KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
Pablo_Escobar_Mug.jpg
19KB, 220x315px
>>8895834
-t butt hurt child
>>
>>8895835
>t. I'm now going to disappear from the thread or go into damage control mode
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305
>>
>>8895818
Yeah, of course. But I'm actually retarded and need to read each question at least twice to fully understand what I'm suppose to do.
>>
>>8895396
Why sci cares about something unscientific as IQ? IQ is purely psychological test. This cognitive dissonance is beyond me.
>>
Surely these have to add on an extra 10-20 points to scores. I got 135, I don't read and never enjoyed reading as child. Studying maths and theoretical physics, coming near top of my course if that makes a difference.
>>
>>8895746
Which test is this?
>>
>>8895841
>https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305

A bunch of people in high positions have opinions on a matter, kids like you eat up their shit. What else is new?
>>
>>8895822
48 is an insanely high Wonderlic score. Only two people in NFL history have scored as high or higher. Genius Ryan Fizpatrick from Harvard got 50, but even that one MIT mathematician (blanking on the name) didn't score above 45. Very fee jobs expect a score above 40. 48 is actually 156 IQ tier. (Wonderlic score x 2 + 60)
>>
>>8895396
>Got between 129-131 on the mensa.no test
>Currently bachelor in biology. Might try to get a master in marine biology.
>I don't know. Shit probably.
>Male, Scandinavian
>>
>>8895876
>
I'm now more convinced then ever that it's a worthless test.

There is no way I have an iq of 156.
>>
>>8895863
Nvm how good is this /b/ros?
>>
>all this autistic screeching from people who hate IQ tests

Holy shit. Would you be just as upset about tests that measure health or athletic ability, or are you just insecure? Would you really say shit like "b-but health is subjective!"
>>
>>8895884
Looks like you've got 40% off on you're next health check, so pretty good!
>>
>>8895878
The percentiles are what they are. Obviously if you want a good idea of your IQ, you should take a full battery of subtests with a psych. They're expensive but worth it. I don't regret getting mine. Did you get a high score on your college entrance exam?
>>
>>8895884
Not bad.
>>
>>8895868
Dude, this damage control is really, really bad. I expected something better from you.
>>
File: health equals oppression guys.png (196KB, 1280x420px) Image search: [Google]
health equals oppression guys.png
196KB, 1280x420px
>>8895885
>Would you really say shit like "b-but health is subjective!"
Probably yes.
>>
>>8895897
Why would you expect anything of me, I'm just an anon who posts on /sci/. I will say it again, your a kid who eats the shit of people in high positions with "opinions".
>>
>>8895876
Do employers in stem actually use this as a condition of pre-employment?
>>
>>8895903
>the academic consensus on a field shouldn't inform at all my opinion on a subject, I better repeat layman talking points that have been debunked 40 years ago
Really bad anon.
>>
>>8895904
Some do. Others offer it as a tool for employees to demonstrate that they should be promoted, since it correlates well with employee productivity.
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>8895906
> implying you asked every academic for their opinion and have reached a consensus on the matter.

Please stop, you sound like an edge lord.
>>
>>8895909
>now I'm just going to act stupid on purpose so it's going to look like I was trolling since the beginning
Anon, I linked to a survey.
>>
>>8895897
Damn. Your IQ must be really low lol.
>>
>>8895919
>survey

You think im trolling? Its obvious you would think that since your head is so far up somebodies ass.
>>
>>8895892
I got 97 on my vce exam. I dont know what the sat equivalent is.
>>
Little comment:
Unless you got tested by a professional, you have no right to write your score here. I.E - no internet tests.
>>
>140 iq+ widely considered genius level or nearing genius level intellect
>/sci/ full of fucking brainlets that struggle with calc 2
> somehow everyone has an IQ of 150

Really salts the snail
>>
>IQ tests
You guys are worse than the facebook women who take the personality tests
>>
Forgot the IQ result of the test, but I got into Mensa last year with a 100% success rate on their test.
Started to go to college this year for medical engineering.

I am 18, male and from Germany.
My IQ means shit though in college, if I don't sit down and learn that shit I am screwed.
Too bad I never learned how to learn in school, fuck that.
>>
>>8896150
Yeah faggot knowledge is supposed to be gained through reading.
>>
>>8895396

>Complete IQ test
>30 minutes wasted
>Pay 20$ if you want to access results

Yeah, I can't be above 90 if I fell for that.
>>
Another dumb undergrad thread bereft of scientific discussion.
>>
File: Ruff times.jpg (70KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
Ruff times.jpg
70KB, 526x701px
>132 (Mensa)
>High School drop out
>0 GPA
>Spaniard- Mediterranean/Moor mixed race
>>
>>8895834
Please anon, go ahead and tell me, what does knowing your IQ do for your success and achievements? How does sitting around circle jerking about it having accomplished nothing mean anything, which was my point?

If a person there are 20 people, and 10 are successful, and 10 are unsuccessful, and 9 of them have a high IQ who are successful, and 1 of them is an outlier who is only slightly above average, and 5 of the unsuccessful have high IQ, and 5 others of the unsuccessful have slightly above average, what relevancy does it have that the outlier doesn't have a higher IQ then the members of the unsuccessful group, and what is the point in the 5 unsuccessful individuals sitting around circle jerking about how high their IQ is when they are part of the unsuccessful group?

Use your high IQ to figure out my point and why threads like these are stupid waste of times for the insecure.
>>
>>8895885
Physical strength is an accomplishment. IQ levels are not. I have a relatively high IQ, but I've not done almost anything with it. I also can bench press 315, and it took a lot for me to do that and I'm proud of it.
>>
I unironically look forward to these threads.I perform marginally better in IQ tests whilst being a colossal failure at everything else.
>>
>>8896150
>Too bad I never learned how to learn in school, fuck that.

I never understood this. I can understand people can give you perspectives to think about problems in new ways or something, but shouldn't knowing how to learn pretty much be fundamental? Any parts that aren't are taught to you through the scientific method.

It always confused me in school when people would study for test and shit on me for not studying for test. I don't see the point. If the first time you are introduced to material you go through and actually consider the material, you don't need to spend days reading over the "important parts" to memorize thing. It's not some super power, you literally just do something and pay close attention to it.
>>
File: 20170508_010912.jpg (165KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_010912.jpg
165KB, 650x350px
>>8895396
>Somewhere between high 120s - Low 130s on iqtest.dk
>Computer Engineering
>
>Male; 75% Galician Spaniard, 25% Indigenous from South America
>>
>What's your IQ?
According to the Internet Testsâ„¢ I've taken, 123-133
Changing major from chem eng to physics engineering soon
Dogshit, but it doesn't matter right now
Male, Spic/Scandinavian
>>
>>8895396
>135
>Computer Science and Engineering
>3.84
>M, White

I-I just like math, alright? I-it's not like I'm some engineerfag or anything!
>>
>>8895461
Came here to post this
>>
IQ is around 75. I knew it was bad but I didn't know I was retarded.
>>
Computer science
4.25/4.0
Male, biracial black/white
>>
>>8895807
>>8895812
i did it and i got 131, but i didn't watch the time
>>
File: 1478378329574.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1478378329574.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
>>8895396

Took it and got a 138

>electrical engineering and philosophy double major

>3.9

>huwhite male

Are matrices even an indication of anything legit or is it str8 funsies?

also fuck the wonderlic I succ at time management, maybe I should drop out and work at mcdonalds for being a brainlet lel
>>
>>8897191
Are you serious?
>>
>>8895396
>What's your IQ?
pure math
No gpa, 96.5 / 100

Male white (german)
>>
File: iqresult.png (9KB, 506x252px) Image search: [Google]
iqresult.png
9KB, 506x252px
>>8895801
>>
nice
>>
>>8897419
>EE and philosophy
WHY
>>
File: muh bookshelf.jpg (2MB, 2712x4040px) Image search: [Google]
muh bookshelf.jpg
2MB, 2712x4040px
>>8897827
>not being /sci/ and /lit/
Mech E and English Lit double major here
>>
>>8897834

>not being /sci/ and /biz/

IE and Me double major here, enjoy being poor
>>
>>8897834

BUT YOU CAN STUDY LIT ON YOUR OWN WHY DO YOU NEED A TEACHER
>>
>>8897835
please. everyone knows you do engineering for the perks, not the money. there are far better majors for that.

also
>doing sales

gross
>>
IQ doesn't matter retards. Feynman had an IQ of 115.
>>
File: 1489121040768.png (211KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
1489121040768.png
211KB, 450x325px
>>8895627
>>
>>8897846

Not really, IE alone has more CEOs than the rest of Engineerings combined. If you like science and money, the best option is to dual IE and ME
>>
>>8897419
>3.9
4.0 GPA master race checking.
CompSci
Asian male
Also, I got 140 desu.
>>
>>8897856
i guess, if you really want to run the rat race like that. i'd rather sit on ass and stamp prints part time for six figures while being my own boss and not worrying about corporate bullshit.

for every big shot CEO there are hundreds of one man engineering operations that can turn a profit for minimal effort.
>>
>>8897854
Comparing a mentally retarded person to Gauss, great comparison.
>>
>>8897913

>the point
>your head
>>
>>8897913
if gauss works real hard he could be as awesome as that kid
>>
>>8897852
Feynman took that iq test while his brain was still developing.
>>
File: IMG_9522.png (107KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9522.png
107KB, 640x1136px
Did it on my phone in bed. What IQ does this correspond to? Probs gonna do the iqtest.dk one in the morning because chrome is a faggot about adobe
>>
File: tumblr_o73kfzEnJf1rmerh9o1_500.jpg (217KB, 430x538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o73kfzEnJf1rmerh9o1_500.jpg
217KB, 430x538px
> IQ

>Major
Science

>GPA
>>
>>8897852
It was 125, and school IQ tests had a ceiling of 135 back then, so a few slip-ups on the verbal section could have easily produced that score. Feynman's quantitative IQ was probably closer to 199 based on his competition performance (he was number one in the country). So if it weren't for ceiling effects, his composite IQ would have been much higher.
>>
>>8897991
>2

are you sure you didn't add an extra 0 onto your IQ there, brainlet?
>>
>>8897979
About 144
>>
Every time I start to feel happy, someone on /sci/ makes this thread and reminds me how many people are way smarter than me in the world, and I get depressed again. How the fuck am I supposed to compete with people three to four standard deviations above the norm in intelligence?
>>
>>8897979
Not bad. Not bad. Not as good as my 48, but not bad at all.
>>
> IQ
> Major
Pure Math
> GPA
>>
>>8895396
130, apparently. I figured out how the last question works, but not in time to find the answer. If you look at the ones on the left and the ones to the right on the row above it, you find that they're rotations of each other.
When I took an actual IQ test back in elementary school, I had probably the most autistic result possible: there was such a huge difference in different domains of the test (like, 3 or 4 standard deviations, I shit you not) that my IQ was considered to be meaningless.

Majoring in Math, not yet in class. Graduated high school early and took a year off, finally going into college.

My GPA in high school was a 2.8; I was retarded and only did tests and never schoolwork, so I had a mix of 0s on work and 100s on tests.
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (248KB, 1269x1163px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
248KB, 1269x1163px
How did I do?
>>
>>8898273
Extraordinary. Your IQ is plausibly above 150. Did you take the other tests?
>>
>>8898026
WOah, really?
>>
>>8898273
Nice my man
>>
File: ashkenazi.png (74KB, 850x618px) Image search: [Google]
ashkenazi.png
74KB, 850x618px
>>8895809
We are the true master race mang
>>
>>8898540
No I didn't, I saw that the wonderlic was 12 minutes long and that was about as much time I was willing to spend on an online brain test.
>>

Physics

Don't know, I'm europoor

Male, Pakistan/German
>>
CS
2.2 (GPA doesn't matter for what I want to do so I just care about passing)
Male white
>>
137 from professional, school based IQ tests. Although most categories I scored in the mid 120s, I had a 144 in verbal comprehension index so that brought up the total score.

Going to be majoring in Aerospace Engineering (senior in HS currently)

2.75 GPA because shit work ethic, only started getting it together this last year.

((((white male))))
>>
File: screenshot.png (18KB, 521x286px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
18KB, 521x286px
>>8895801
Not too bad considering I skipped almost all the language questions because I had no clue (not a native speaker).
>>
>What's your IQ?
Pic related, this test is shit and IQ means nothing.
Pure Mathrmatics.
Shit, I got plenty of F's already.
Male, Levantine arab.
>>
>>8895396

I scored 105 in iqtest.dk

Nuclear engineer

GPA: 3.9

latino
>>
File: Screenshot_20170510-074400.png (172KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170510-074400.png
172KB, 768x1024px
141 - iqtest.dk

42-50 wonderlic (the conversion chart listed doesn't load on my device for whatever reason)

Male, white, American

Not a student
>>
>>8895548
Why the fuck would you take adderall at the age of 6
>>
>>8895396
Is iqtest.dk reliable? I got 138 a while back, but the problem is that I usually get scores ~140 in online IQ tests, and most of them are inflated as fuck, so I feel like I should have gotten less on that one if it's reliable.
>>
>>8898773
Literally how? Do you think that's an accurate iq for you?
>>
>falling for the IQ meme
>>
IQ: 148
BEng (Hons) Structural Engineering
BSci major in mathematics
Currently doing part time PhD

Caucasian male.
>>
>>8895628
underrated post
>>
>>8899011

Well I don't think IQ matters at all on adults, after all it was made to see if a child had a learning disability or not. Also one of my classmates was a mensa member and he was one of the dumbest students, so i see IQ as reliable to measure intelligence as the horoscope.
>>
I got 30 percent on wonderlic
>>
File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
anyone know any (actual) methods to increase iq?
Only two I've seen are n-back and various forms of meditation to help those with ADD/attentional/concentration deficits
>>
clinically tested IQ at age 8: 141 +/- 3
current IQ estimate from wonderlic: 131
current IQ estimate from progressive matrices: 140

I did my undergrad in CS. I'm now employed by a CS department, using CS tools and concept to study something completely unrelated to CS.

My undergrad gpa was like 3.1 or something

White/male/21
IQ almost completely meaningless as a measure of "success in life"
GPA mostly meaningless in the same respect

There are people in my dept who are lower IQ and more successful than me. There are people who are higher GPA and less successful than me.
>>
What are /scis opinions on nootropics
>>
>What's your IQ?
Probably < 120

Pure Math

Just alright

Male Mutt (Italian, Ecuadorian, Czech)
>>
>>8895801
I answered all of them correct but got 120.
What's up with that?
>>
File: wonderlic.png (22KB, 811x385px) Image search: [Google]
wonderlic.png
22KB, 811x385px
I must have a different understanding of "similar" than the test writers for some of the verbal questions.
>>
>>8898848
Because I wouldn't pay attention in class or do any of my school work and a psychiatrist gave me a perscription
>>
>>8895396
>136
>Geology
>3.5
>white
>>
>>8895396

physics

male, Turkish/kurdish/Hungarian
>>
Now that you know your IQ, what about other important things such as your horoscope and the predictions that come with it?
>>
File: 1444965550636.gif (929KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444965550636.gif
929KB, 500x500px
>>8895396
>What's your IQ?

Economics + Accounting double major

Not a burger

Male, White (From Argentina, ethnically Italian and Spanish mix)
>>
>180
>Every STEM major ever at the same time
>4.0
>White male
>>
>>8900502
>180
What is this pleb shit nigger I am literally God fuck with me
>>
>>8900488
>White (From Argentina
I keked
>>
Major: neuroscience, GPa 2.8

Iq: 145-154 measured across several years without my knowledge.

Perhaps it should be considered that I have faced considerable extra curricular struggles throughout college including having to deal with my dad having als.

But still, gpa is based on not only iq but motivation and ability to perform
>>

applied math and statistics

white straight male
>>
>>8895396
>IQ
iqtest.dk: 105
Worderlic: 52%

>field
Mechanical Engineering + Chemical Engineering (Dual major) + MSc in Science and Technology of Nuclear Fusion

>GPA

>race

Asian
>>
>>8895396
pure math
>>
>>8901201
u must work hard af
>>
File: basically me.jpg (2MB, 3296x2198px) Image search: [Google]
basically me.jpg
2MB, 3296x2198px
92% wonderlic

but I'm a NEET

nice predictor of success haha
>>
>>8901232

Not really, i was kinda lazy as a student. I had great professors and i learn fast, so it wasn't complicated
>>
dropped out of business major
dunno
white male
>>
>>8896722
basically it has to do with what you can force yourself to endure. If you are interested in the subject you can take advantage of your intelligence but if you are not interested you have not found a way to trick your brain into learning it. Some people have a neurotic urge to be the best, or they can plan ahead really well and force themselves to learn something they will forget in a year for long term benefit. Others cannot do that.

TLDR - its not a matter of intelligence
>>
Nothing
N/A
White
Male
>>
>>8901201
Why do you want so many degrees?
Chad will still fuck 10/10s while you count your $$$
>>
>>8901717

I already have a gf (met her in uni) and I love her a lot, so I don't care.
>>
>>8901751
You sound like a cool guy.Good going anon.
>>
>>8901570
good for you. my iq is similar and I kinda bought into the meme of its importance so you inspire me. how did you do on act/sat? and do you go to a top school
>>
>>8900766
>implying it isn't whiter than the USA
>implying race matters anyway
Go back to /pol/ memelord
>>
>>8901264

If you were to consume Stimulants regularly, you would be pretty successful desu.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-17+at+08.00.28).png (186KB, 1373x925px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-17+at+08.00.28).png
186KB, 1373x925px
>majoring EE
>no idea how to convert my grade to GPA
>white i guess
>>
>141
>Graphic Design
>Black
>>
>>8895507
bump for this.
>>
>>8901988
this
>>
>>8902127
mensa level holy fuck
ubermensch cunt
>>
File: kek.png (190KB, 1330x865px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
190KB, 1330x865px
What is up my fellow geniuses.
>>
Quick question, fellas.

I have a professionally tested IQ of 124, yet I can't seem to comprehend anything even tangentially related to calculus. Am I retarded?
>>
>>8902582
read books on the subject
understand limits and algebra
calc is not hard
>>
File: Fibonacci_spiral1.jpg (7KB, 366x232px) Image search: [Google]
Fibonacci_spiral1.jpg
7KB, 366x232px
144... a bunch of us work for some hyper genius in the 5 eye community...
>>
>Tested at 135 in 1st grade
>Ph.D. in Biology
>Post-doc in University of California system, so no classes
>White, American
>>
>>8895396
Used to be able to remember things and understand maths quite easily. I'm on fluoxetine now and my memory is a lot worse and I'm always confused. Took two IQ tests and scored 100.
>>
File: mensaBTFO.jpg (448KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mensaBTFO.jpg
448KB, 2048x1152px
IQ: 152
Majoring in pure mathematics
GPA: the fuck is that?
White dude.

>tfw Computing teacher sabotaged our projects meaning got B in it in A-Levels. Getting the emails saying my application were declined was bullshit.
>>
>>8903476
hello juve
>>
>>8903476

Retard, British Mensa use a shitty scale. That would be around a 130 in the real IQ test like the WAIS and Standford.

>These are the retards that pay to get in mensa

Now it all makes sense
>>
Anybody talking about IQ is either 1) a self-proclaimed intellectual who hasn't accomplished anything in life so needs to take 1000 tests until he finds a # that validates his existence or 2) some kid who needs the same validation.
>>
I wonder what the chances are that we have 20 people in this thread with IQs in the top .01% of IQ scores...

We don't. You're all fucking retards.
>>
ITT: /r/verysmart material
>>
>>8903912

t. mad brainlet
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>8895624
Physics is calling you my son
>>
Are these threads trolls?

You guys can't actually think that an online IQ test in any form is even remotely accurate, right? Or that your IQ can fluctuate. Isn't this supposed to be a board of people who aren't idiots or is it just mostly pretentious high school kids who got an A+ in Calc and think they're hot shit?
>>
>>8901988
HAHAHAHA
139, been on adderall, 60mgs/day now.
I don't do anything, I get lost in fantasy and then ideas and focus like a manic there. Recently became aware I have schizoid personality disorder, NOW IVE I've made a lot towards living IRL, and haven't done much work but it's only been about 3 days and we will find out. I also have an exterme addiction to weed that is related to my problems. I've pretty much already solved earths problems that concern me in my free mode mirror world. So I have a lot of creative and intellectual potential i am learning to apply.
Adderall never helped me do anything, I graduated hs with a 2.1 gpa. Maybe I could have made it? If school was interesting or helped me learn(I learn by imagination) if I could make friends with my peers as a young child and if I didn't lose my grandparents, and the things i love disappearing in front of me all the time. I have always been proudoundly passionate about life reading animal encyclopedias from at least 3 years old and studying science from a very early age. The anthropocene destoryed me, so I went away.
This song describes the feel.
https://youtu.be/NG3gOFfAv0Y
>>
>>8904523
IQ test is by far the best way to measure intelligence
>>
>>8904757

Try Modafinil instead, Adderall fucks your dopamine system for good long term and will make you impulsive.
>>
>>8904777
You're right but most of the people here have never had a real test done and are either lying or got their scores from some bullshit online test you do in 20 minutes.

> inb4 jelly brainlet hurrr
>>
File: YysCq9QD6A4.jpg (125KB, 1024x527px) Image search: [Google]
YysCq9QD6A4.jpg
125KB, 1024x527px
>>8895396
132, as tested by a psychology grad student

Got my BS in Mechanical Engineering, working on an MS in Aerospace Engineering

BS: 3.6, MS: 3.2

White hispanic male

Waifu: Kuroneko
>>
>>8895396
neet
hispanic
>>
>138-140 consistently
>premed
>3.68
>male, castizo

Things are cool, I guess.
>>
File: 1491956726893.jpg (72KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491956726893.jpg
72KB, 540x540px
>>8895396
>Let's get an IQ thread going.
fine
>What's your IQ?
Never had a full, normalized exam given, but Raven's standard matrices tests and 2 2-hour mensa pdfs I found on libgen usually indicate 131-137 sd 15
Electrical Engineering, I'm a sophomore and I need one more class for a math major so I might do that
2.90. I enjoy math and science and shit but I'm very ADHD. I like Math, but I don't enjoy hard work and I waste my life away on the internet never doing the same thing for more than 30 seconds until I take adderall and then I get sleep deprived. It's finals week and I've slept 7 hours in the last 60 hours. Just fuck my shit up
White, Male, American of Dutch descent
>>
IQ: 140

Major: Mathematics, focusing on Pure Mathematics

GPA: HS 4.68 College: Nothing yet

>>
>>8904872
>white
>hispanic
shiggitydiggity

>>8903912
>reddit

>>8903900
>what is statistics
retard detected. I'm sure you can have a very challenging and fulfilling career as a fry cook
>>8903847
brainlet
>>8902564
impressive
>>8901593
business majors fascinate me
>>8900488
>White (From Argentina, ethnically Italian and Spanish mix
:^)
>>8899326
sounds like me tbhonest
>>
>>8904872
Can you tell us what you roll on IQtest.dk?
>>
File: 1487373833955.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487373833955.png
171KB, 657x527px
>>8895396
How do I train myself to not care?
I always get really upset and stressed that I'm having my IQ tested.

I end up retarding myself and just staring at lines instead of thinking and enjoying the puzzles.

I've had scores on IQtest.dk ranging from 106 to 132 in 4 tests
>>
>>8905212
I got the 106 when I was under extreme stress, and I got the 132 while I was listening to the misfits because I could calm down that way.
>>
>>8895396
Guessed on every single question, did not look at what it was asking and made a 20/50.
>>
File: uSAb33x2fWE.jpg (227KB, 1200x823px) Image search: [Google]
uSAb33x2fWE.jpg
227KB, 1200x823px
>>8905151
Got 115

To be fair, the pattern recognition part of the test was my worst section in the actual iq test
>>
>>8901988
successful at what, though? I have to broad a range of interests to pick one thing and actually focus on it, and even the couple times I've been on stimulants, it hasn't done anything for me. Also, they're actually quite difficult to get hold of where I live.

>>8903900
It's because people their best result rather than the average of their results and there are loads of shitty tests out there that don't have a mean of 100 or standard deviation of 15, and those often give loads of people much higher scores than they would otherwise receive. Also, the Flynn effect and 4chan skews disproportionately young. Also, IQ isn't even that great as a scientific measurement anyway. Mainly the shitty tests, though.

>>8904504
when exactly did every board on this website become invaded by edgy alt-righters?
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.