[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do great scientists (=physicists) teach their own kids themselves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bohr.png (34KB, 170x240px) Image search: [Google]
bohr.png
34KB, 170x240px
Do great scientists (=physicists) teach their own kids themselves?

Why would ever the child of Einstein go to physics lesson, for example? His dad knows more than the teachers of the entire school combined.
>>
>>8893565
Einstein was a terrible teacher, being good at something doesnt mean you have pedagogic skills.
>>
>>8893565
It takes time to teach and you don't need a Ph.D. with a long and successful history of publishing to do it. It's better for society to have people apt at teaching spend their time doing that while the Einsteins do research. Whatever genius will go down through healthy family interactions and genetics.
>>
>>8893572
>can answer any physics/math question a student can have
>can solve any problem in physics/math
>can write great scientific papers
>can evaluate and peer review papers of others

>isn't extrovert, handsome, doesn't have charismatic voice, and isn't FUN; just the things a student needs ;^)

Diginatives these days

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you asked any doctoral student who they would like to be their teacher ..
>>
>>8893597

Put a PhD teaching physics on a school and see how well it goes, fag. Most lack the communication skills to catch the attention span of a kid
>>
>>8893565
school is important to develop intersocial skills
being a genious doesn't mean you're a good teacher
the kind of stuff kids learn is simple enough to be mastered by some typical teacher, it doesn't need you to be a genious
>>
>>8893572
He actually said once that if you can't teach something to someone else, you don't really understand it. You might even understand it on an intuitive level, but you need to go deeper to be able to make someone else understand you.
>>
Einstein basically abandoned his children.

His father however, was an engineer, and took great care in educating his son at an early age.
>>
>>8893565
Einstein's nephew taught physics at my high school. He was clearly brilliant, but he was a shit teacher. This doesn't really have anything to do with your question though.
>>
>>8893687
someone said that but I don't think it was him
>>
>>8895455
Sounds like something Feynman would say.
>>
Teaching is not an easy task my dear.
Everyones understanding of a concept or anything in physics and math differ, thinking process if different therefore you have to teach in a way where you understand something on a globalised (general) way and they have to give the student time for them to interpret something their own way wafterwards. I myself know that when you are in say uni roght and you try to tutor you cousin who is in primary school about something simple like what is the correlation between gravity and free fall, it seems easy to you but to bring it down to a foundamental level is hard becouse kids are still developing brains and dont understand concepts wich are not clear to the naked eye. But yes if you understand something well its easyer to explain it in detail and simplify it at your own will!3@;&5@4@3!3!:&:&;$:!:)/)2$2$3&;&
>>
Geniuses are usually homeschooled, they learn most stuff when their brain is malleable. Examples: math genius Terry Tao, Science olympiad prodigies Reid Barton and Gabriel Carroll.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.