[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to calculate the surface between y=x*e^(-x^2) and Ox axis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I need to calculate the surface between y=x*e^(-x^2) and Ox axis. Can anybody solve this for me please?
>>
This isn't a homework board lazy piggot normie. Sage
>>
>>8890941
This isn't for homework
I am practising for a test, and i'm having trouble with this...
>>
I'm confused. You don't seem to understand what an integral is, but someone expects you to be able to perform integration by parts?
>>
>>8890953
Wow, so studying isn't homework anymore? Get the fuck out of here you stupid faggot. Go to stack exchange.
>>
>>8890935
take the partial of y with respect to x, set it equal to x, and then solve for x. i dont have time to go into the theorem, but once you have a solution for x, take the recipricol and set x to zero
>>
>>8890935
Just pay for mathematica if you want step by step homework help. Or lookup how to do u substitutions.
>>
>>8890935
Top-bottom, you nigger faggot.
>>
>>8890935
I'll give you a hint

If you were to integrate from -a to a where a is a real number, you would get zero. Take it from here, champ.
>>
>>8890935
its obv an integral
>>
>all these brainlets itt telling OP to use an integral

OP, it's an odd function, i.e., f(-x) = -f(x). So like >>8893204 said, the area under the graph between -a and a is 0. You just have to prove that the indefinite integral exists and then the result is trivial.
>>
>>8890935
I dont think you actually ask a question that can be googled pretty easily. I think you ask a high school math questions just to see, how many people will respond with throwing shit, like apes do. And how fast will you find someone who will respond you with something sensible.
>>
>calculate the surface
just take the surface integral with respect to x
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.