[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

600 genome-wide significant loci associated with EDUYEARS identified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 192069_1355239947581_full.jpg (51KB, 372x373px) Image search: [Google]
192069_1355239947581_full.jpg
51KB, 372x373px
Abstract
Genetic factors are estimated to account for at least 20% of the variation across individuals for educational attainment (Rietveld et al., 2013). The results of the latest GWAS for educational attainment identified 74 genome-wide significant loci for educational attainment (Okbay et al., 2016). Here, in one of the largest GWAS to date, we increase our sample to nearly 750,000 individuals, and we identify over 600 genome-wide significant loci associated with the number of years of schooling completed. Note that at the time of presentation, we will likely have updated our meta-analysis to include over 1,000,000 individuals

In this presentation, I will focus on the biological implications of the GWAS results. At the time of writing, 1,656 genes are significantly prioritized, a more than 10-fold increase since our previous report (Okbay et al., 2016). The newly significant results reinforce the biological theme of prenatal brain development and also bring to the foreground new themes that shed light on the biological underpinnings of cognitive performance and other traits affecting educational attainment.

Authors
James Lee (University of Minnesota - Twin Cities), Aysu Okbay (Free University Amsterdam), Robbee Wedow (University of Colorado - Boulder), Edward Kong (Harvard University), Patrick Turley (Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard), Meghan Zacher (Harvard University), Kevin Thom (New York University), Anh Tuan Nguyen Viet (University of Southern California), Omeed Maghzian (Harvard University, NBER), Richard Karlsson Linnér (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), Matthew Robinson (The University of Queensland), Social Science Genetic Association Consortium (NA), Peter Visscher (The University of Queensland), Daniel Benjamin (University of Southern California), David Cesarini (New York University)
>>
To give an idea of the improvement

previous in 2016 - 74 significant loci
today in 2017 - 600 significant loci
>>
OP is a retard, as always

>http://programme.exordo.com/bga17/delegates/presentation/214/

The presentation is coming 29th June.

Also
>Genetic factors are estimated to account for at least 20% of the variation across individuals for educational attainment (Rietveld et al., 2013).
:^)
>>
>>8890373
whole point of this post is just to imply "research on this is advancing rapidly with better samples". Not how consistent the message is spread or how entirely accurate. First of all it's 4chan and second the OP Is more "scientific" than 99% of journalist articles would be about any study or presentation. Not to mention all of that information is encapsulated in the OP and opened with google searching.

>In this presentation,
>>
Anyone excited?

I'm sure if you went to a good IVF clinic that offers PGD you could select for higher int stats.
>>
File: 1494207991121.jpg (153KB, 769x790px) Image search: [Google]
1494207991121.jpg
153KB, 769x790px
No replies?
>>
>>8890248
Any news on what haplogroups that have the beneficial forms of those loci?
>>
>>8894112
are you serious with this question

yes or no
>>
>>8894168
Probably some dumb shit from /pol/ or /int/.
>>
>>8894168
It's a valid question although off topic.
>>
>>8890248
Is that her new hair colour? Good to see that she's pretty again.
>>
>>8890248
I bet 90% of their results are bullquack.
>>
>>8895281
>It's a valid question
if you know 0 genetics maybe
>>
>>8890248
Taeyeon a cute.
>>
>>8890248
>Actual /sci/ on /sci/
>13 posters

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
>>
Ok. Nice findings.
Now, does Academic Success Measure Intelligence?
>>
>>8896518
>Ok. Nice findings.
What findings

they get published later this year>>8890373
>>8896484
>>8896484
the thread is currently pointless
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.