[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fell for the engineering meme >last math course is calc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: brainlet.png (208KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.png
208KB, 5000x5000px
>fell for the engineering meme
>last math course is calc II
>classmates barely "understand" linear algebra (ie. blindly regurgitate formulas)

what math concepts/courses should i learn over the summer /sci/ ? I don't want to turn out like them.
>>
What's your IQ? Don't fuck around with me.
>>
What kind of shitty school do you go to

I go to a mediocre state university and we take Calc III, diffy Q, and linear algebra
>>
>>8887352
>last math course is calc II

top fucking kek your school must be utter shit. i had to take calc 1-3, ODE's, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra, and Statistics.

oh thats right, you are that shitter who goes to a BK randy university then comes on /sci/ and complains about not being able to get a job as an engineer.
>>
>>8887360
I've never taken a "real" IQ test. All online IQ tests seem to be complete memes.
>>8887363
I go to a shit uni in Canada, course names are probably a bit different. First year we took some basic calc courses, and linear algebra (((for engineers))). This year we took a diff eq course, as well as a vector algebra course, with some Fourier analysis and PDE's thrown on at the end. This is the last formal 'math' course engineers will take here.
>>
>>8887392
What type of engineering are you?
>>
>>8887392
Take iqtest.dk. Your IQ will most likely be within 5 points of that range.
>>
Real Analysis

Laugh at all the engineers who think they "know" calculus.
>>
>>8887392
>This is the last formal 'math' course engineers will take here.

Lol, call it math without the quotation marks, but don't call it formal you fucking pig.

Start with group/ring/field theory, and real analysis.

"Baby Rudin" and "Groups and Symmetries", have fun.
>>
>>8887360
mine is 130. am anxious to hear the answer
>>
>>8887400
Got 130.
The problem I have with these tests is that most of it is based of off pretty similar pattern recognition and symmetry checks. One could practice these kinds of problems and vastly raise their "IQ" without it really saying anything about their intelligence
>>
>>8887352
>>last math course is calc II
lmao what bullshit is this? in every school you need at least diff eq, and either a linear algebra course, or the linear algebra material is taught in one or more of the engineering courses.
>>
File: Paul Ryan Reaction image.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Ryan Reaction image.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>8887388
kek I go to a state school and I need to take Calc 1,2,3 and diffe q. I wanted more so I m taking a math minor. Proofs, Linear Algebra and Analysis here I come!!!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.