[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite psychological effect or mental bias?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Freddy_Krueger.jpg (2MB, 2370x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy_Krueger.jpg
2MB, 2370x3000px
What's your favorite psychological effect or mental bias?

Mine's the freddy-kruger effect, where you think you're smart, but you're actually just spooky.
>>
I like Parkinson's law, where giving disproportionate weight to trivial issues gives you parkinsons disease and Allan Poe's law where you can't tell if something is meant in jest or is scary.
>>
File: dk.jpg (664KB, 1995x3000px) Image search: [Google]
dk.jpg
664KB, 1995x3000px
>>8887259
The Diane-Kruger effect makes you underestimate your mental retardation.
>>
Conflirtation bias
>>
>>8887259
Fundamental attribution error
>>
I like the Woozle Effect.
>>
The normalcy bias, where people are biased towards data that's normally distributed.
>>
File: IMG_0500.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0500.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>8887259
For me it's the montecarlo effect, it's speculated to be caused by neurochemical imbalances and essentially causes you to think that every car you see is a '71 chevy montecarlo
>>
Publication bias, I. e. cherry picking data, mind-lock, I.e. not being able to see another one's POV, intellectual phase locking, I.e. falsifying data so you get numbers you think you should be getting, these three are a cancer
>>
The Cannabis-effect; you think Cannabis treats every illness and through the power of the mind it actually does.
>>
the one when the meth hits and nothing is wierd anymore
>>
Nothing because Psychology is pseudoscience.
>>
>>8890148
My psychology identifies as low functioning science on the science spectrum and I find it highly distressing when anyone or no one suggests otherwise.
>>
>>8891004
Underrated.
>>
The Pareto Principle
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
>>
>>8887259
The Sight Hound bias where you think you saw a hound and it saw you and the hound knew beforehand.
>>
>>8887723
uh, that's MY actual favourite

you only think it's your favourite because your heard it mentioned on some pop science website
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.