[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I autistic if I use one of these to concentrate when I study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: il_fullxfull.1119039384_oipk.jpg (146KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1119039384_oipk.jpg
146KB, 800x536px
Am I autistic if I use one of these to concentrate when I study?

I'm not hyperactive or anything but all these intense stimuli we get exposed to like videogames and TV make it hard for me to focus sometimes
>>
>>8886775
What are these and how do they work?
>>
>>8886775
If it helps you and doesn't distract others I don't see any problem with it OP
>>
>>8886775
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>8886824
Use a rubik's cube like every other nerd does you imposter
>>
>>8886819
they are fidget toys. they improve concentration and memory retention. supposedly, when you twirl your pen or shake your leg (all forms of fidgeting) you study better.
>>
>>8886835
Twirling my pen makes me feel like a stockbroker with a big penis and an expensive watch
>>
>>8886829
too big. just twirl your dick, it's small enough.
>>
>>8886775
Goddammit why can't I think of a stupid idea that sells.
>>
>>8886851
If it's any consolation this was invented years ago and got picked up by patent sharks when the guy couldn't afford to renew it
>>
There is no research or legitimate information that reliably says these help studying in ANY measurable way. Marketing teams are jumping on the fad that parents dont want to feed their kids pills for autism, so why not buy a 1 dollar toy that does the same thing, right? (even though there is no reason to believe they help at all)

They are just newage tops, the next iteration since beyblades. And who cares, top are fun.

>>8886851
Dont feel bad, the idea isnt new

>>8886775
Go for it, no one cares how you study as long as it works for you.
>>
>>8886851
>>8886856
Holy crap, you werent kidding. They were first invented 20 years ago

>The invention was patented in 1997 by Catherine A. Hettinger in the U.S.

And the patent was surrendered 12 years ago.

Wow did it take FOREVER for this to actually become a thing. Maybe we should be looking for recently surrendered patents and start there.
>>
>>8886865
Didn't realise the inventor was a woman, my bad
>>
>>8886775
learn pen spinning, it looks way cooler than that autistic shit, and you can pen spin in class.

also, if there are any others here, how do i do the thumbaround harmonic?
>>
File: 1473078340329.jpg (35KB, 277x245px) Image search: [Google]
1473078340329.jpg
35KB, 277x245px
>>8886775
DELETE THIS
Enough with this fidget shit.
t. yoyo user
>>
File: C9zlb_OXoAA6YF7.jpg (178KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C9zlb_OXoAA6YF7.jpg
178KB, 900x1200px
fockyou op now i want one
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.