[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make sure that you've understood a subject and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1491884708152.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491884708152.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
How do you make sure that you've understood a subject and that you can answer questions about it?
>>
>>8885612

Write questions on a card. Shuffle them and then answer them without using books or notes.

Alternatively, try to explain it to someone and let them ask questions.
>>
>>8885612
Explain it to someone else
>>
>>8885614
>>8885727
>explain it to someone else
What if you're a friendless shut-in virgin though?
Not OP btw.
>>
>>8885742
Post it on /sci/.
At worst you get a dead thread, at best you get replies that deepen your understanding or hone your intuition of the subject
The most likely outcome will probably be that you end up educating a few lurkers on the board, which is not too bad all things considered
>>
>>8885742

Start a wordpress blog, write articles about the thing you're learning.
>>
While I was studying algebraic number theory, I would go on stack exchange and look at ANT questions and/or diophantine questions and try to solve them, even if they took hours. I learnt a lot from that tbqh, pham
>>
>>8885754
Thanks.
>>8885768
I don't think learning via explaining would be efficient if you have no feedback.
>>
>>8885810
you create your own feedback, by finding yourself unable to intuitively explain a concept mid explanation, trust me

but also try math stack exchange as i said in my post >>8885793, and you will get feedback if you reply a wrong answer
>>
>>8885612
do the hard problems
math books always have good problems
>>
>>8885768
This is actually a good idea. You have incentive to explain things correctly.
>>
>>8885614
Wouldn't Dunning Kruger be in effect there though?
>>
>>8885612
Become a professor, teacher, teaching assistant, tutor
Await feedback
/thread
>>
>>8885612

1000 cock stare
>>
>>8886043

You have a point but I try to keep myself humble so I minimize it. Try not to think about such things too much or you'll block yourself from doing anything.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.