[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know where to post this or who to even ask so I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1477088901227.jpg (52KB, 446x380px) Image search: [Google]
1477088901227.jpg
52KB, 446x380px
I don't know where to post this or who to even ask so I'm gonna post this on /adv/ and /sci/.

I'm a depressed and anxious piece of shit and I have no idea how to do well on MMI interviews. I have one coming up on Saturday for the University of Toronto Pharmacy School and I'm shitting myself.

I got an interview last year but spreged too hard (I guess) so I didn't get in. I was nervous to the point where my hands were shaking, I couldn't form sentences, I was misinterpreting prompts and I was constantly blanking out.

On top of that, I can't form "good answers" to the shit they ask me. Ethical questions and those society issue/healthcare policy questions really fuck me up. Oh, and don't get me started on those acting stations where I have to actually confront someone about an issue... I would rather die desu.

tl;dr how can I normie it up to pass the MMI for U of T pharm?
>>
File: Math PhD.jpg (143KB, 392x445px) Image search: [Google]
Math PhD.jpg
143KB, 392x445px
>>8885051
>I got an interview last year but spreged too hard (I guess) so I didn't get in.
Jesus OP, you're almost utterly hopeless.

You have to really think about how you will answer, but first you must think on what could they ask you.
Like the shit about policy/social issue, you have to be pretty neutral about it and think logically without any bias so they see how professional you're.

You need to fix your anxiety and depression as well, or else you will never go anywhere.
Can't rec some books either, some /adv/isors better than me could give you recs about it.

Get your shit together and stay calm, don't get too sad about it or similar feelings if you failed.
>>
Don't answer with what you think is correct. Answer with what you know they want to hear. 6 co-op terms down like this.
>>
>>8885081
Thanks for your advice man. Yeah, I know if I don't do something about the depression and anxiety, it's gonna keep fucking up my life and I feel a lot of my life was already ruined. But other than that, I bought some MMI books that have sample answers and tips on how to answer so I'm hoping they'll help.

>>8885083
Thanks for your advice too. It's true. They keep telling me there's no wrong answer but that's just bullshit. The right answer is the one they think is right (but what is it?).
>>
>>8885152
My advice would to not be so submissive.
How you would thank someone for talking shit at you and literally trying to tell you how the world works is not very conducive to being your own person. (>>8885081)

Tbh I think you think you are stupid and useless, and the way you responded literally nailed it.

Narcissistic people are going to eat you alive if you let them. Just be honest with yourself about what you want from life and go from there. I dont really think you want what you think you want, for whatever reason.
>>
>>8885161
I don't even know how to respond to this. You talked more shit to me than the other poster did and they actually tried to help so why wouldn't I thank them? You could've said all that without the insulting shit and it would've been just fine but you just had to act up because we're on an anonymous image board. I'm gonna take your advice though I still don't know how to not be submissive but fuck your attitude.
>>
>>8885172
I understand it can be hard to feel vulnerable but you literally display textbook codependency and an anonymous image board is literally the best place for your ego that you could start learning that.

It's really not a big deal either way its just that those feelings of anxiety and depression and doubt aren't just going to magically go away and you dont HAVE to live with them.
>>
>>8885183
But how did you magically unearth my deepest darkest issues with just a few posts? Where it comes from is my piece of shit dad who's controlling, constantly emotionally abusive and occasionally physical. Ironically, I'm trying to get into and finish Pharm school and get a job so I can move out and get better.

If you were the anon who posted before, I tried to format my response to "match" what you said I should do but I really didn't even care that you said that gay shit to me. So that's my problem? And it's even affecting this stupid interview? I just wanna know how to answer their stupid shit.
>>
>>8885161
Not OP but your answer is shit as well.
You always need to know how the world works retard, or what? Doing your retarded shit on public joining the next bronycon will give you the admissons and jobs? Fuck no, the only social shit that gives that are good frats.

And OP has to fix his anxiety and depression either way and ASAP, you don't know how much these can affect a person not only psychologically and socially but also biologically, do some research about it if you're from /sci/.

>Just be honest with yourself about what you want from life and go from there.
Well, if OP already did the exam last year despite the anxiety kicking harder than the strongest joint, I think he PROBABLY wants to get into that school hm?
It's obvious he is really honest with himself and he is gonna make it if he really wants to.
>>8885152
Also I didn't meant to offend you or anything, but you need to stay calm in the interview and be ready.
Literally on the MMI interview page is:
>The best way to prepare for the Multiple Mini Interview is to anticipate the types of questions / scenarios you will face.
Do lots of research but keep it up with updated information so you get a better idea.
>https://multipleminiinterview.com/mmi-questions/
Yep, there is some neat policy questions here, but probably on the UT pharmacy test one are related to pharmacy on things like certain drugs that could be made with chemist knowledge OR similar medicine questions as well.

Also the acting ones are the same thing as the questions but you gotta apply them, however I can't think of what kind of social situations could happen on pharmacy schools other than the same situations where you are the doc.

> In addition, the use of multiple stations is also conducive to testing on a wide range of topics and skill sets, from logical thinking to cultural sensitivity.
The cultural sensivity is a questioning one but probably you gotta know a bit of certain religious situations (will cont)
>>
>>8885195
certain religious situations like the muslims and their beards and not eating pork or Jehova's witnesses on blood transfusions (probably the hardest part of the exam IMO) etc.

And the logical ones should be easy if you're in 4chan overall, y'know how some anons speak nonsense on shitposting, logical flaws, etc.

> In some cases, the interviewer observes while the interaction takes place between an actor and the candidate.
They are going to see your body language as well here, like what you said when you got really anxious and you got so flustered you shaked your hands.

>Although participants must relate to the scenario posed at each station, it is important to note that the MMI is not intended to test specific knowledge in the field of medicine.
This is the one that worries me the most, some of the sample questions did have to know about certain parts on medicine yet this page says it's not indended to test on what you want to study.

>As such, there are no right or wrong answers to the questions posed in a MMI, but each applicant should consider the question from a variety of perspectives.
Again on the consideration of different religions and cultures and opinions here, there are no right or wrong answers but they're testing the soft skills again.
(A bit of away from my answers but these test are kind of a way to see if someone is a literal anti-social IMO.)

>The goal is to produce clear, persuasive and authentic answers to impress your audience.
Also you have to think on your vocabulary here too, these fagits are not telling you that you need a good vocabulary but here are saying they want these qualities on your answer, so probably learn some synonyms and when to use them so you could impress them, also have more empathy and don't become a coldhearted person.

And there's other question here at the end:
>https://astroffconsultants.com/multiple-mini-interview-mmi/
>>
>>8885215
>They are going to see your body language as well here, like what you said when you got really anxious and you got so flustered you shaked your hands.
fixing: so that's the main reason I told you that you need to stay calm again.
Thankfully some of the difficult situations are not really happening but you gotta think like if they were really happening so you could grow these soft skills.
>>
>>8885195
>You always need to know how the world works retard, or what? Doing your retarded shit on public joining the next bronycon will give you the admissons and jobs? Fuck no, the only social shit that gives that are good frats.
What? I dont know how what you mean or how you got there but I'm open to hearing it. (probably read archive tomorrow)

Honestly your response has me wondering if you are obsessed with presenting an image of yourself to the world as someone who is intelligent. Your world view is very fragile and inflexible. You REALLY want people to buy into your black and white world. Literally narcissism.

Not saying you aren't giving bad advice at all. Advice is in the eye of the beholder, and while i'm sure you want to help, i dont think that is your only motivation based on how you gave it.

I'll stop though, triggering people is not what i am trying to do. I am just trying to be genuine and honest. Also sleep time
>>
>>8885195
>>8885215
>>8885220
Damn, anon. This is a good breakdown of the different components. If it makes any difference, I have been trying to do practice questions and calm my breathing down. For current topics, can you suggest anything to search up on? Like I know about the Canadian healthcare system, opioid addiction, thoughts about expanding pharmacist roles, and new drug plans that the liberals and NDP want to roll out. But I haven't seen any news about increasing drug prices or any big issues that are kind of "old" that isn't on current news but I think they'll ask me about.
>>
>>8885224
Ok good night anon. I get what both of you are saying but you really didn't have to come for me like that. I'm just trying to get by in life.

Anyways, I'm actually kind of interested in what kind of life advice you can give me especially about how to not be a doormat anymore as that is something I've been trying to work on my whole life. But I guess that's something for another thread on another board.
>>
>>8885051
Smoke some white faggot. The stuff is designed specifically to deal with your anxiety and it may or may not give you insane paranoia.
>>
>>8885229
Probably some of them are the medical cannnabis one, since this could test your critical thinking, ability to communicate your idea/plan and maybe the ethical problems that cannabis could do if it went recreational federally nationwide but I don't think the last one could happen/be asked.
Also on the "easiness" to exploit the medical industry about shit like Adderal for the students taking finals, something that /sci/ discusses sometimes.
>>8885224
I'm not neccesarily thinking I'm a smartass or something, however, one should be smart in these world in the current times if you want to survive either way.
Y'know shit like con-mans could be literally anywhere, like, some people becoming really nice to you over time and then you get tricked into deep shit that you cannot get away after you put in your toe on the dark waters.

And I know not everything is like I think nor I want to make people think like I do, in fact I like it when someone thinks independently of others so they could avoid the common hivemind that happens in our everyday lives.
But the way I write is usually the mindset of the places that most of 4chan are living there, you cannot use other countries mindset on them.
For example, one anon on /adv/ makes a thread about the lots of problems with his family, should I give them some philosophical thinking like filial piety? no, nope and nein.

You always put oneself on the other's shoes on /adv/ and psych terms, but also one must walk on the same broken glass, burning coal and acid rain the person travelled as well in order to understand him/her.
>>
File: based -sci-.png (944KB, 4600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
based -sci-.png
944KB, 4600x2400px
>>8885269
Cont for OP:
>They will also be interested in your knowledge of current healthcare and social issues.
>Keep up to date with medical news. Questions may be inspired by stories or debates in the media.
I'm starting to think they could do about the newest thing the prez did, but this is so new you gotta keep it up with that all these days and try to not have any bias about him, staying focused on the medical issues that this new thing could do to the medical insurance system/industry.
And they would be really fast if they asked you that. That's pretty impressive if they do that.

>https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/mmi-interviews/
Dunno why but this page has plenty of sample questions
Example 1 is even a little difficult even for me.

>https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/ethical-scenarios/
And this is a nice page about this exam, very related.

Anyway I'm pretty drowsy now, can't think that much anymore. But search almost everywhere on google, is nice to know all about it, but you also need to read carefully since things like the vocabulary ones are very subtle.
Also probably you might have more answers tomorrow OP, /sci/ is the slowest at this hour.

Have a goodnight!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.