[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love science and always have. However, I've got a really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: rhokqduggxuy.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rhokqduggxuy.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
I love science and always have. However, I've got a really shit memory. Would pursuing a physical science be a bad idea? I significantly fucked my brain over with drugs in my youth. How repairable is my cognition at this point? Enough to compete with all the brainiacs? Fucking hell I just really REALLY do not want to become an engineer
>>
Redemptive bumpo
>>
idk how many drugs you did but for me they seemed to help me be a more productive human being in the long-run, in a complex way. I've gotten to the point where I feel like I have to "prove" to myself that I'm a functional human being. Getting to a fucked up mental state made me realize my past potential. acid and shit is good in that way I guess can also leave you depressed. Now, I'm trying to chase what my prime potential would have been and working my ass off in my studies. Kind of like a one step back but two forward type of thing. nevertheless, I'm in my first year of university and excelling. you can do anything if you have the motivation.
>>
>>8883740
>you can do anything if you have the motivation
This is what I've been telling myself, but the mental capacity is failing me. I'm relatively smart and creative, but I struggle to remember and regurgitate even the most basic shit
>>
>>8883751
smart and creative is of not much use if you're lazy.

constant repetition is a big part of studying as well, whether you like it or not. it's boring but it has to be done to an extend.

I'm more or less in the same boat as you
>>
>>8883683
>He's on the Anti-Engineer bandwagon

Did you become an idiot before or after the drug abuse?
>>
>>8883683
Why not be an engineer?

Anyway, the answer to your questions rests upon whether or not you're willing to comprehend calculus.
/thread
>>
>>8884114
>Why not be an engineer?
Not everyone likes gay sex.
>>
>>8883751
Then you're going to need a controlled diet, workout routine, and meditation practices of you care.

Brain is a muscle
>>
>>8884083
You're either an engineer or you've never met one.

They are THE most career orientated, prententious, loosers I've ever seen unless they're an exception.
>>
>>8883918
>smart and creative is of not much use if you're lazy.
Not really the issue. I have the motivation, but my actual capacity caps at a certain level
In which case this >>8884184 anon is probably right
>>
>>8884193
everyone is everything unless they're an exception you cretin
>>
File: ztZz.jpg (84KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
ztZz.jpg
84KB, 1000x800px
>>8884358
The short answer is just keep trying.

The long answer can be summed up with just "become more efficient" and it goes something like this:

People do tasks differently and obviously you're doing tasks the inefficient way. The alternative to this is having literal brain damage and being unable to do the tasks at all or unable to do them in a reasonable timespan.

You can try pushing yourself to the limit and hence try to change yourself. This process is very laborious if not painful and most people fail at it. Mastering the basics has the biggest impact, and that being said do the basic things over and over again.

Try to have fun with what you’re doing: play games that involve analyzing, thinking and doing the relevant tasks. If you don’t find a game which utilizes everything you need then come up with a game and play it. This will make the process more bearable and it will keep you interested in the task for longer time periods.

Sacrifice: you need to give up tasks, habits or behavior which consumes the time which you can dedicate to improving yourself. This will turn you into a turbo autist but it will get you results.

The last detail which you need to understand is that a big part of being good at something is understanding it -- not just memorizing what you've read. Again, if for nothing else like coming up with a concept or invention, this comes down to efficiency: you don't need to remember every little detail if you can conjure them as you go.
>>
>>8883683
what does this guy have in his mouth?
>>
>>8885573
Looks like it's a part of his tshirt. You're not allowed in Mecca if you have holes in your tshirt. You're not allowed to use cameras either.
>>
>>8885573

LSD
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.