[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IF oil is made by dead organic matter and intense pressure why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: oildrill.png (113KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
oildrill.png
113KB, 500x226px
IF oil is made by dead organic matter and intense pressure why do we bury people in coffins when they die?

why don't we throw all dead things into one big pressure chamber?

Shouldn't it be theoretically possible to turn people into gasoline?

Wouldn't that be better than just letting them rot six feet under?
>>
>>8881386

It would take more energy to turn them into oil then you'd get out of it.
>>
because thats disgusting are you serious?
>>
I dont want to be the fuel in some degenerate's car.
>>
>>8881392
Would you like to pick and choose whose car you are fuel for?
>>
>>8881389
How is it disgusting?

You literally are living of off energy created as a product of dead things as we speak.
>>
>>8881386
It would take a long times.
>>
>>8881413
wouldn't it be a good idea to do it for future generations?
>>
>>8881386

We already do that. They are called garbage dumps.
>>
>>8881388
True but oil can be easily transported and has a very good energy density.
It could still be economically viable to do it if we never find a way to produce graphene in large quantities.
>>
>>8881386
Sure you can. When i was in school we had a project where we saponificated fat from bacon and then cracked the fat acids with a pearl catalysator. The main resultin hydrocarbon fraction was somewhat close to lighter fuel in terms of flash and boiling point.

Why don't we do it with corpses? Because the returns would be negligible and it's fucking disgusting. You can calculate how much energy is in the fat of your average landwhale if you want to, it'll be less than one tank of gas.
>>
>>8881448
That's so far ahead that it's not really worth it.
>>
>>8881467
Just because it has excellent energy density once it's complete doesn't mean it's an efficient way to store energy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.