[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any place in the universe where someone can exist and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: gravity.png (8KB, 780x545px) Image search: [Google]
gravity.png
8KB, 780x545px
Is there any place in the universe where someone can exist and not experience any gravitational forces? Not even far away from the moon in our solar system?
>>
File: IMG_4566.jpg (505KB, 424x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4566.jpg
505KB, 424x550px
if you got a shovel and hollowed out Earth, and then went inside, the net gravitational force on you would average out to zero.
>>
>>8881140
Hold on, so you are saying we would not [i]experience gravity[/i] but the Newton law tells us that in reality there are still gravitational forces on us? Then why can we not hollow out other things for anti-gravity? What's to stop someone from hollowing out a huge boulder deep underground and floating inside it?
>>
>>8881140
FROM the earth. What about the sun? What about the supermassive black hole in the centre of the galaxy?

tl;dr - no; if you're in the universe, you experience gravity
>>
No. Your mom's mass will pull in even the most remote region of space.
>>
>>8881144
>Hold on, so you are saying we would not [i]experience gravity[/i] but the Newton law tells us that in reality there are still gravitational forces on us? Then why can we not hollow out other things for anti-gravity? What's to stop someone from hollowing out a huge boulder deep underground and floating inside it?

Lmao.
>>
>>8881119
I guess the Lagrangian points. They're places where the forces of gravity between two bodies cancel exactly.
>>
Center of mass of the universe.
>>
>>8881119
No, not really.
Consider this, You have mass. Therefore, you produce gravity. Even if it is so infinitesimal.... it still exists.
Therefore, as long as you have mass, there will be gravity no matter where you go.
And even if are incredibly far away from any other mass, gravity extends out nearly forever.

I can't exactly say it extends out forever. Because there may be a quantum limit to gravity - beyond which gravity is either 1 quanta, or 0 quanta. So there may be an outer limit to how far gravity can extend.
But it extends out really far away.

It would be exceptionally difficult (but maybe not impossible) to put yourself beyond the gravitational reach of everything else in the universe.
>>
>>8881119
You don't experience gravity unless you're on the ground. You can experience tidal forces form extreme gravity, in the middle of no where in our galaxy there would be no tidal forces.
>>
No, because gravity is not local
>>
>>8881144
Are you retarded?
>>
>>8881119
Go to the L1 point between the earth and moon, and you will experience microgravity that's so small that it would be hard to measure.
>>
File: madsci.png (85KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
madsci.png
85KB, 350x400px
>>8881144
INGENIOUS.
>>
>>8881323
But gravity propagates at the speed of light, so the universe's center of mass would remain in such constant flux that impossible-to-track things such as quantum tunnelling may have net discontinuity effects on the order of parsecs.
>>
>>8881119
>implying you don't generate your own gravitational field by virtue of your having mass
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.