[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are humans really the "most advanced" lifeform? Given

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1493167137886.jpg (126KB, 976x1012px)
1493167137886.jpg
126KB, 976x1012px
Are humans really the "most advanced" lifeform? Given that the purpose of and organism is simply to keep its' species alive by making more copies of that species with as diverse mutations as possible, aren't insects and bacteria more successful than humans?

The last lifeforms on Earth will be single-celled organisms. Did "life" have it right at the start, and every mutation that made life more complex is just a disadvantage that will be weeded out by natural selection in the final era of life on Earth? I can't see how evolution could be interpreted any differently unless humans reach the capability to colonize the galaxy.
>>
It's not a contest, you're just taking some arbitrary stupid measure for success.
>>
>>8878686
>most advanced
This implies that there's a goal to advance towards, that's a human construct. Nature only cares about your fitness in the local environment.

>aren't insects and bacteria more successful than humans?
Yes, and then bacteria are more successful again.

>Did "life" have it right at the start....
Oh I think I see what you're trying to say. But there is no direction to evolution, it's just something that happens. The ones that are more suited to the local environment become more successful.
>>
>>8878686
checkmate atheist.
You see the truth is that humans were created by god and were given souls. Other living things were not.
That's just how things are.
>>
>>8878692
I know it has no direction and it just the result of a series of chemical reactions, I just think it's odd that after all of this building to something as complicated as a human body, the organism that is ultimately "fit" will be basically the same as where it all started.
>>
>>8878714
I guess. But what you have to remember the fitness landscape, if we take the long view of things, changes.
>>
>>8878686
S T I C C
>>
>>8878696
Weak bait. This might work on

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>8878742
A professor teaching me ethics, told me a bunch of stuff and I picked what I liked the most.
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8878689
>>8878686
Man is the measure of all things; so it depends entirely on how you choose to measure this metric of success. Although clearly by any metric it is far more beneficial to be born a self-aware human than a worm or a culure of bacteria and therefore you are the successful one by any legitimately worthwhile human standard. If you think otherwise you have lost your sense of perspective and therefore metric for measurement, thereby making you no longer human, which means you have lost the game.
>>
>>8878686
Is Ms. Skeletal the epitome of lifeforms? Will evolution produce a specimen more perfect? Are we blessed to live in the time in the history of life on this planet that Ms. Skeletal thrives alongside us?
>>
>>8878686
>are humans really the "most advanced" lifeform
Nope. We are the most intelligent life form, but thats two different things.
>>
>>8878686
She's so cute bros. I hear she doesn't have any friends, expect her fans on youtube (which can never be real friends). I can relate because I have a youtube and not many friends. I wish I could hang out with her and have fun.

She's is too fucking skinny, though. And in her newer videos she's just weird and depressed.
>>
File: laterHomo.jpg (5KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
laterHomo.jpg
5KB, 250x249px
>>8878737
kekked
>>
>>8880670
*except
>>
File: goat.jpg (186KB, 797x594px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
186KB, 797x594px
>>8878686

No, goats are the most advanced life form.
>>
>>8881122
How far away are science and engineering from constructing a human equivalent to the goat tower.
>>
>>8882075
It's been about 20 years for the past 50 years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.