[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest material on earth looks like photoshop https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: vblack.png (593KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
vblack.png
593KB, 600x800px
Darkest material on earth looks like photoshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJyqQc75Vo
>>
>>8878005
Fuck that really looks like ms paint.
>>
is it possible to absorb 100% of light?
>>
>>8878315
i'm not confident enough to say this is fully accurate, but i don't think that absorption and emission here is irrelevant. with that said, a perfect black body would be impossible because the radiation absorbed has to be emitted back at some point due to the exited state of the electron dropping down to a ground state. what i mean by this is that at some point, you are going to get all the electrons in their excited state, and then all they can do is just reflect further energy via emission. the way these objects work is that they have a large surface area and aren't smooth, so there are more electrons that can make contact with light. i may be wrong on that though so please no bully.
>>
i think it's not paint or photoshop. If you search "vantablack" you can find this photo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack
It absorbs 99.965% of visible light.
>>
>>8878005
Damn that looks pretty fucking cool
>>
>put this on a simple set of clothing
>never be seen at night ever
Is this what being black is like?
>>
>>8878933
The material will be blacker than the darkness around you so you'd actually stand out more
>>
RGB value of 2 0 3

0 0 0 is black

255 255 255 is white
>>
Holy shit, I need this to make a cloak. Literal invisibility at night.
>>
>Real life black hole
these brainlets will do anything to rake in the clicks, won't they
>>
When do we start painting military craft with something like this?
>>
One real application is costing the inside of VR headsets

A current problem is reflections off of the inside surfaces

Heck, costing an entire movie theater with it would be neat too

I hate how when a bright scene starts you can see all of the other stuff going on in the room
>>
>>8879321
Wouldn't that make finding your seat or leaving difficult if the whole theater was this black? the light would just get absorbed into everything?
>>
>>8878005

BLACKED
>>
>>8878005

this is old news

> duhhh it has uses in uhhhhh enguneering

no shit dumbfuck, what do they use it for?
>>
>>8879347
I mean you wouldn't have to #BLACKED the seats/floor as well. just the walls I suppose
>>
>>8878005

Guy's like the model for Ali G. Fo real.
>>
>>8878360
this is how most dyes work:
>electron absorbs visible light photon and get exited
>different distribution of electrons changes the ideal length and/or angle of some bonds, causing them to wobble and transfer some of their kinetic energy to surrounding molecules (=heat)
>electron has now lost some of the energy it got from the photon
>falls back to ground state emmiting a photon with less energy (=longer wavelength), usually in the infrared spectrum
so it is possible for a dye to absorb visible light but only emit infrared.
>>
>>8879435

Reminds me of the solar/thermal paint used at Gaviotas for passive solar water heaters

But more lab grade
>>
>>8879964
Don't bully not experienced enough in QP to understand heat, only understand photoelectric effect and discrete energy levels, don't bully.
>>
>>8878005

>Inb4 we make Stealth suits with this material

Cyborg Ninjas incoming
>>
>>8878005
Its not mspaint, I saw a show and they were rubbing a blade along it and you could see it tear.
>>
>>8878005

What happens to the light that gets absorbed? Does it become heat or something?
>>
>>8880846
Yes, you can already see this effect in action because lightly colored clothes and buildings stay cooler in the summer than darker ones

Anything coated in Vantablack will turn a lot of light into heat
>>
>>8879435
IT HAS USES
>>
>>8879321
>giving everyone in the theater mesothelioma ten years from now just to get a marginally better viewing experience
nice
>>
>>8880895
Could that be useful somehow?
>>
>>8880921

Worth it
>>
>>8879435
>heat or something
It has uses
>>
>>8879283
Dude, he pointed a LASER (!) into it and the light never came back!
>>
>>8878958
this

you'll look like a fucking spoopy ghost
>>
>>8878315
All electromagnetically interacting matter has black body radiation.
>>
1) take a candle, a yellow thin one used in shrines
2) hold something underneath it
3) get exactly this, minus the half a million research cash
>>
>>8878005
Honestly though, how do we know its not? Have any of you ever seen it in person?
>>
>>8878315
not unless you're a black hole
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.