[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't figure out the physics of why running like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: gotta_go_fast.jpg (29KB, 1110x600px) Image search: [Google]
gotta_go_fast.jpg
29KB, 1110x600px
I can't figure out the physics of why running like this makes you go faster. Anyone with a stronger physics background lend a hand?
>>
It probably works in theory. Less drag. But in application, would be awkward and fatiguing. Wouldn't know exactly since I try not to run.
>>
plot twist: it doesnt, but it looks edgy
>>
>>8875613
It's one of the great unanswered questions in science. All I know is I started in 3rd grade and I never looked back.
>>
>>8875624
it would protect your arms in the event of a crash.
>>
Naruto is pretty much a gay version of HunterxHunter. In that, they do run like that, but they're usually traveling so fast you can't see them.
>>
>>8875613
does it really though?
arm movement is pretty important for balance
>>
it doesn't make you faster. ninjas carry knives so they have to put their arms like that so they don't accidentally stab themselves.
>>
>>8875752
>it doesn't make you faster. ninjas carry knives so they have to put their arms like that so they don't accidentally stab themselves.

Narutards unironically believe this
>>
>>8875613
The faggotry generated propels you foreward.
>>
>>8875659
>just broke two ribs from colliding head-on with a heavy obstacle, since my arms weren't there to absorb the impact
>but at least I didn't hurt my arms!
the radius and clavicle are practically designed to break in a forceful impact, dissipating force that might otherwise damage the spine or internal organs.
the only rationale for running that way is to look edgy
>>
>>8875804
how would you run with a knife?

if you do it normally while you move your arms you run the risk of slashing yourself at the sides.
and if you don't move your arms, best way is to hold your arms naruto style so you don't run into the knife if you hold it in front, or reduce your speed and increase your width by holding it on the side.

think before you post man.
>>
>>8875833
hold the knife backhanded with the spine of the blade resting against your (ulnar) forearm. this keeps the edge facing outward, away from you; if you fall, you'll instinctively put your hands out to catch yourself and the blade will strike the ground.
holding the knife weeaboo-style is a good way to hamstring yourself if you do fall; you'll try to bring your hands forward to catch yourself, and you stand a good risk of stabbing yourself in the thigh with the knife you hold.
>>
Running like that is extremely innericient and slower

Source: I run XC and track
>>
I always thought they did that to help keep themselves balanced while running at inhuman speeds, because swinging your arms wouldn't really help. Kinda like non-avian raptors did with their wings.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.