[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All scientific and engineering fields and be reduced to mathematics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

All scientific and engineering fields and be reduced to mathematics.

So, why do people study anything other than mathematics? Are they too unintelligent to comprehend anything above basic caluclus?
>>
>>8874281
Because of field specific technicalities, you FUCKING. BITCH.
>>
All math can be reduced to philosophy which can in turn be reduced to English.

So, why do people study anything other than English?
>>
>>8874281
People claim science can be reduced to math but I'm as to how. How would you make a scientific breakthrough just be doing math alone?
>>
>>8874295
*curious as to
>>
>>8874295
it can happen, but it's not the rule
science is about linking phenomena to mathematical models
math is about making the tools stronger
so by making the tools stronger, the model can instantly become much more useful
>>
>>8874299
that's true but that doesn't necessarily mean all science can be reduced to math
if it could that would be cool because in theory someone could explain everything just by writing down a bunch of symbols
>>
>>8874292
Negative there, boyo. Mathematics begets Philosophy. The only worthwhile field of Philosophy is analytical philosophy which is derived directly from Mathematics.
>>
>>8874299

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry, but no.
Maths is about maths.
Observation and empirical experiments come from another completely different field.

Constants cannot be explained by maths.
Not all things can be scaled or measured.
>>
>>8874281
pure math is a meme.

being fluent in a language, in this case math, without knowing anything worth while to write about is worse than pointless.

same thing applies to computer programing. Without having something to use it for its pointless to know how to do.

math and programing are just really useful tools for engineers to use to do actually useful things.
>>
>>8874309
are you agreeing with me or something? don't be an idiot. read what I say before you sperg out
>>
>>8874281
science requires theories and experiments. Theories don't just rely on math. Science observes specific elements of the world, and it's more convenient to talk about the actual elements than just the mathematics of them.

>Are they too unintelligent to comprehend anything above basic calculus?

There are many fields that are necessary to society that don't use math. People aren't inherently bad at math but are instead interested in different things.
>>
>>8874311
but you don't need programming or math to suck dick
>>
>>8874339
BAD meme
>>
>>8874311
Are you seriously retarded or just pretending to be?
>>
>>8874342
>>>/hm/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.