[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal the fact that you will forever be an absolute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1493586846152.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493586846152.gif
2MB, 600x600px
How do you deal the fact that you will forever be an absolute brainlet, an amoeba, in comparison to Einstein, Euler, Gauss, etc?

How do you deal with the fact that you will never be a great mathematician who contributes something valuable to the world and has a theorem named after him?

I guess I just can't accept mediocrity, yet I am mediocre. Smarter than average, smarter than most people I know, but nothing compared to people who are truly smart.
>>
File: happy erdos with an epsilon.jpg (60KB, 528x720px) Image search: [Google]
happy erdos with an epsilon.jpg
60KB, 528x720px
>>8873916
I don't know about you but if you can't dedicate yourself into your field that well, you will never make it.

It's not only about the brain but also about the dedication, if all of the people you mentioned were not dedicated to their respective focused fields, they would have done some other things and never do something amazing with their intelligence, see arts and philosophy.

But IMO, if you couldn't do anything in your lifetime despite being dedicated as fuck, at least you could try to make your kids enjoy math at an early age, like when a father does something and the kid loves him, the little one will imitate their father a lot, etc.
If you cannot be great, at least make your kid great, since notice that most of these geniouses parents were already into that but not that famous like you believe you will become, but look at what they did "made", a bunch of influential geniouses that made a fuckton of things.

So don't feel like shit, instead of spending your time being like this, start doing and stop thinking like that.
Because once you are worryfree about this, you will enjoy math and science a lot more and you may not even realize later on that you made a revolutionary contribution, all of this because you dedicated yourself to that science, just like them waifufags at certain places on 4chan are dedicated to their (cute) waifus.
>>
File: 149107835756234.png (216KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
149107835756234.png
216KB, 400x382px
>How do you deal the fact that you will forever be an absolute brainlet, an amoeba, in comparison to Einstein, Euler, Gauss, etc?

I don't care. Maturity means accepting that you won't be one of the great heroes of the world...but you can still have some fun. I study what I study because even if there were nothing left to discover, no stones left unturned, no fame to be won, I would still do it. If I lived in some universe in which all scientific and mathematical inquiry had passed on to super intelligent machines, I would still study, I would have some fun and see if I could keep up.
>>
>>8873965
I guess you're right. I'm being unrealistic, arrogant, and selfish really.
>>
If you live your entire life in hope of mathematical fame and fortune, you will live a wasted life. Any contribution anyone makes will eventually be forgotten. All you can do is try to make yourself feel good in these few years you have here. So enjoy your time.
>>
File: hitler.jpg (65KB, 873x433px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.jpg
65KB, 873x433px
>>8873916
I may not be as smart of them, but I'm smarter than most of the people on this board because of my Indian genes.
>>
>>8874739
lmao
>>
I do cocaine, then cry myself to sleep. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>8874739
poo in loo
>>
File: received_10208350755268583.jpg (33KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_10208350755268583.jpg
33KB, 540x960px
>>8873916
>smart enough to browse sci and find enjoyment
>not smart enough to be offended at being called a brainlet
>>
>>8874739
north indians are considered aryans

makes u think

(look it up)
>>
>>8873916
Those great genius's had strong interests in whatever their field was, and had the means and support to cultivate them at a young age, and that extra spark.

Even if you'll never make a major contribution to those fields, if you actually enjoyed the subject matter itself, there's a satisfaction in learning and applying it. Nothing is stopping you from getting a PHD, or working towards some other STEM career, or pursuing those subjects as a hobby. You won't be a filthy pleb anymore and if you're lucky have a kid with an equally smart woman, you can try to cultivate those interests in them at a young age, and hope he becomes the next Terrence Tao.
>>
>>8874739
You do realise India has an average IQ of 82?
>>
File: 1491720053112.jpg (10KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
1491720053112.jpg
10KB, 342x344px
>>8875478

So you're telling me the average Indian is a high functioning potato? Well shit, that would explain why they cannot into pooing in the looing
>>
>>8873916
You're still in big ego special snowflake mode from high school. I'm not trying to shit on you, I went through it and watched all my friends go through it. It's easy to feel like hot shit when you're in a public high school with a bunch of retards, but it'll pass, don't worry. Just accept that while you might not have the raw intellect of those greats, you can still contribute to your field if you're passionate enough. And remember that those greats were driven by their love for what they do, not the possibility of status/fame/money.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.