[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I self study medicine? What's my path in terms of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1493006857118.jpg (134KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493006857118.jpg
134KB, 800x800px
How do I self study medicine? What's my path in terms of books/lecture series?

No, I don't want to practice. No, I don't want to self diagnose myself.

I just want to know about it.
>>
>>8869748

Learn Gen Bio, Gen Chem, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
>>
Don't forget Physical Chemistry.
>>
Interested in this as well. Any book recommendations apart from the ones in the wiki/sticky?

I see a handful of calculus book paths posted here and then. No biomedical versions?
>>
>>8869748
Study basic math, Biology, Chemistry and Ochemistry and Biophysics. After that: anatomy, histology, embryology, cell biology, Physiology, genetics, Biochemistry, Pathology, the basics of Bioethics, Medical microbiology and parasitology and Immunology.
That's basically all my subjects before the practical ones in the hospital.
>>
>>8869748
You can't really. Medicine is the application of scientific knowledge. It's a trade, albeit a highly skilled one. You can't hope to learn how to weld pipes if you never get the opportunity to actually weld pipes. Same goes for mending bones.

You need, at the very least, access to human cadavers. If you can't get into med school, try the Caribbean. If that's not an option, go to undertaker school (usually 6-12 month programs.) You can pretty much conduct your own autopsies then.
>>
>>8871061
Here's one based off what I've done so far. I'm only in year 3 out of 6 though, but I'm pretty sure this makes up the majority of the theoretical content of the course.

>Basics (First and Second Year)
Guyton and Hall's Physiology
Harper's Biochemistry
Wheater's Histology
Gross Anatomy book of your choosing, I used Gosling's
Snell's Neuroanatomy

>Third Year
Rang And Dale's Pharmacology
Robbin's Pathologic Basis Of Disease
Mim's Medical Microbiology
Harrison's Guide To Internal Medicine (Clinical stuff)
>>
>>8869748
[math] SPOILER %This thread is gay [/math]
>>
>>8872482
Don't you study Genetics, Embriology and Cell Biology?
>>
>>8876364
We did them in first year, my dumbass just forgot them lol
For Embryology I can recommend Langman's Medical Embryology
For Biology and Genetics I got by solely on lecture notes so I'm not sure what to recommend
>>
>>8871123
You forgot Pharmacology, that's very important as well
>>
>>8871143
What do you mean? He doesn't want to weld pipes, he wants to know about welding techniques.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.